Planning a trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2015, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2015 Polaris 800 Switchback Pro S
Default Planning a trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming

I am planning on hauling my sleds out tomjackaon hole and I am looking for recommendations on where to stay and where to ride. This will be our first trip out west and looking to mainly trail ride and sight seeing, nothing too crazy. any input would be appreciated

Last edited by PoBoy; 12-14-2015 at 11:08 PM.
PoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Togwotee Mountain Lodge is the place to go.
HOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Axys RMK,14 Pro RMK,14 SBA,18 Pro S 800
18-19 Mileage N/A

X2 Togwotee
Roostmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Ski Doo

brookslake.com
boxylodge.com
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): NA
Previous Sled(s): T cat's, zrt's ZR's, xf 7000, wildcat and a bunch of others
Favorite Riding Area: Pinedale WY
18-19 Mileage 450
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 750
15-16 Mileage: 100
Riding Since: 1977

if your taking your own sleds and only really want to rail ride, West Yellowstone area might be a better place for a first time out that way, WAY more things to do, places to get to, loops to see all sorts of things and the like's
when you planning to go, and where you leaving from>
I been kicking the idea of going back again
I however have been looking more at flying out and renting, as darn airfare has been so cheap (350 bucks round trip) and a week stay and ride(free tank of fuel each day) is about $1500
way cheaper than me driving out and can upgrade sleds as I want, either trail sled or off trail then, as its a LOT of fun off trail and there are MILLION of acres to play in out there
Togwotee, is a more OFF trail location, YES there are trails, but its NOT the same as West Yellowstone area(been to both)
west yellowstone carters to traiul riders way more and tog, catrers to off trail riders mroe (lava lake, brooks lodge are all nice places too, but again, more off trail and less places things to trail ride too, there basically places to stay and trails lead to OFF trail riding!)
IF there still open, The Line Shack is a great place to stay too, in between Togwotee, and say Pinedale, you can get a bunch of seat time running around this area, but think earlier in the season there was a washout on trails blocking grooming to Pinedale
in {Pinedale Green river guest ranch had nice clean cabins and a place to eat and fuel up, as did ELk View Lodge, sold and is now under a different name, Kendal valley lodge
Kendall Valley Lodge
very nice cabins there and right on trails, that lead to Togwotee, about 50 miles one way and not much in between, but gorgeous scenery!
its way lesser known area IMO< not as steep off trail but tons of off trail play areas!
mrbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 XF 9000 TURBO /16 XF6000/F6/ZR600/PANTERA
Previous Sled(s): OPEN MOD 660/ 975 /500
Favorite Riding Area: Bear Lake / Munising/Wawa
18-19 Mileage 2400
15-16 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1971

we trailered to Togwotee.... 23hr drive from detroit but omg was it worth it!!!
waiting4snow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement