Southern Big Horns - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 154 FreeRide
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. Michigan and Wisconsin
Riding Since: 1979
Default Southern Big Horns

Anybody ever stay and ride in this area. We are looking at this particular place. I just don't know the relation to any fuel sources. The Wyoming Trail system for this area states there is fuel at both ends of the trail system. What does that mean? Do I need to travel 40 miles of trail to get fuel? If anyone is familiar with the address and it's exact location, I'd really appreciate any insight on what it's like. It feels a little remote to me. I think the cabin is perfect. Just not sure on how it'll work. Thanks.
Buffalo Vacation Rental - VRBO 344134 - 3 BR Big Horn National Forest Cabin in WY, Elk Meadow Cabin of the Big Horn Mountains
RPS957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 XF 8000 High Country Limited
Previous Sled(s): '13 XF 800 HC, '12 XF 800 HC, '10 M8 SP, '08 F6 SP, etc
Favorite Riding Area: Cottonwood Pass
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 250
Riding Since: 1989

This is a little late but we are staying in this cabin this coming weekend. Sounds like its pretty remote, from my understanding its a ride in/ride out type of place. The owner has a jeep with sno tracks on it to get in and out of the cabin, we rigged up a trailer to pull behind one of the sleds to get our gear to the cabin. There is gas within 6 miles of the cabin or at least that's what the owner is telling me. Bear Lodge is about a 35 mile ride and I know they have fuel for sure. Not sure what to expect for snow conditions, sounds like they have the same $hitty weather we have in the Midwest but they at least have a 20"-50" base just nothing fresh so it should be a lot better than garage riding...

I'll try to remember to give a full report on the cabin and location when we get back next week.
tbss1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 154 FreeRide
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. Michigan and Wisconsin
Riding Since: 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1121 View Post
This is a little late but we are staying in this cabin this coming weekend. Sounds like its pretty remote, from my understanding its a ride in/ride out type of place. The owner has a jeep with sno tracks on it to get in and out of the cabin, we rigged up a trailer to pull behind one of the sleds to get our gear to the cabin. There is gas within 6 miles of the cabin or at least that's what the owner is telling me. Bear Lodge is about a 35 mile ride and I know they have fuel for sure. Not sure what to expect for snow conditions, sounds like they have the same $hitty weather we have in the Midwest but they at least have a 20"-50" base just nothing fresh so it should be a lot better than garage riding...

I'll try to remember to give a full report on the cabin and location when we get back next week.

Great. Give the intel when you get back. Thanks.
RPS957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement