Centennial Wyoming - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Any local from the area here?
Myslef and a few buddies are heading there the second week in march and was hoping someone could shed some light on where to go or possibly even show us around for a day if you have the time. :beerchug: It will be our first trip west but all of us are capable powder riders,none with true mountain sleds -but 2 with 136 1.25's and myself with the hawk 2.25 and my firecat with the 1.7.Thanks for any info or help if you can...
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Nick takes it from behind!
duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

If you are coming out and are renting a cabin also look into Albany. Very nice area as well and centralized. The mountain meadow cabins are alright. You have a lot of options and you will not regret coming out. The snow is great this year.
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Well I put deposit on MMC so thats where we'll be-I know its out of town but we dont want to have to trailer to ride everyday.All I need is a nice dry warm place to sleep after a days worth of hard riding.If we need to go into town we will just drive,but I dont wanna hassle with trailering and leaving our stuff on the road.
I cant wait-I just hope the altitude doesn't get to us as much as I hear it can...
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Old 02-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Laramie is only 30 minutes away. Not a big deal to drive into town but at Centenial there is a few stores and restaurants not more that 10 minutes from your cabin.

The altitude affect certain people certain ways. When we moved back out here my wife had issues of dizzyness and nausia along with headaches. At the lodge and surrounding area you are looking at over 8,000 feet.

What is your skill level and your friends skill level? I won't promise you anything but keep in touch on this thread and maybe we can hook up and show you some sweet riding.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Here is a shot from from this Saturday. Snow is great right now. Hopefully it will be just as good next month
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Background.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	292593  
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I would have to say we are both very aggresive riders-we dont fugg around -were both 31 and fit-non smokers-and ride hard-I have tons of powder experience and he's caught on quite quickly-Hes running a renegade sdi and I have a firecat with a 1.7 and some light weight parts and a snowhawk I will be riding as well.I will also be renting a real mountain sled for a day as well.If you can hook up and show us around that would be sweet,or even some advice on where to head if you cant make it would be appreciated.We will have gps and some killer maps of the MedicineBow and surrounding areas but a local is always best :div20: We'll be riding from sunday thru wed-thursday possibly-would be cool to meet up with you :beerchug:
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Old 02-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Alright we will see as I definitely won't be able to meet up with you during the week. Sunday would be the only day. So I will check it out and let you know.

Also forgot to mention about the altitude. If you guys are drinkers watch out. The thin air will definitely make you a cheap drunk up here.

I recommend if you havn't yet to visit this site link and have them send you a free trail map of that specific area. It is Wyoming Southeast map. http://159.238.124.252/maprequest/request/...equest_snow.htm

As an aggressive rider there are alot of areas that I think you will like. The widowmaker, hill climbing just above Lake Marie, the Gap, the Rollercoaster. Stay to the north as if you go south there is less free riding and mostly groomed trails and frozen lakes. Once you get this map or if you already have it I will point out some trails to highlight.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Cool,thanks for the link-I dont have that map yet but did order it so hopefully it shows up in a few weeks.
I asked in another thread but do you know if there is a Cat dealer nearby where I can rent an M?
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Old 02-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I am not sure if you can rent Cat's around here anywhere? Up at Snowy Range lodge they have mostly Yamaha's. Albany Lodge has all Polaris's. Then in town Snowy Mointain Adventures rents Polaris and Snowy Range Option rents Skidoos.

I just called around and nobody in town rents Cats. The only dealership is TNT Motorsports and they sell Cats but don't rent. They will let you test ride pending sale though.

By the way you will love that map. It is all the trails right up to your cabin and 300 miles in any direction.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Well that stinks...I enjoy the lightness and throwability of the Cats over the rest of my options-Hmm,thanks for looking into it for me however.
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Sponsored Links
Advertisement