Centennial Wyoming - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hows it looking Sclwald? The forecast a few days ago had 0 snow but today theres a good chance there will be some before we arrive as well as when were there-certainly Promising anyhow! I was feeling alil bummed for awhile-I have 4-5 foot of soft snow yet 2 hrs north of me-as much as I wanna get west and ride the mountains logic tells me that would be foolish if its all rock hard and setup out there in Wy.At this point were still heading out-leaving saturday morning-gonna try and golf our way across the country-- and be in Wyoming early sunday morning ready to ride-I'm not sure but I believe we cant dump our gear in the room until 2 so maybe we'll just meet you someplace convienent for you?I have no idea on the lay of the land there so if you pick a spot to hookup -and tell me how to find it-We'll be there! We'll just be 2 of us-so bring whomever you want-I look forward to meeting up with you and riding :beerchug:
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Nick takes it from behind!
duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have been so fucking sick this week I havn't even thought about a sled for two weekends now. But feeling a little better today. I may go up tomorrow to check it out instead of today since it should snow overnight tonight. I will keep you posted.

Will you be up on the range by Sunday early morning? So if I said meet up at the snowy range lodge at 9-9:30 am you would be there?
sclwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hey man I don't really know what to tell you. The wife and I went up this morning. Decided to go to Albany and that was a disaster. Very little snow at the parking lot, full of ice in the morning and full of water when we loaded up. First mile of trail was horrible, then slush.

BUT

We crossed over to the range and there is still plenty of snow to ride. Bad thing is there hasn't been any new snow for awhile and there is almost no untouched snow. When we did find it, it was very hard or slushy. Had a kickass time climbing the hills though. The hard pack and multiple tracks made it easy to reach higher than I have ever gone on most of them. Some of the lakes had visible ice showing which is usually covered up.

The forcast says "Chance of snow" all week up to when you would get here. It would be a judgement call. I beleive there would be good riding but really don't know about how much snow will fall this week. It would still be a vacation at least with beautiful scenery.

Like I said I had fun but I am only 30 minutes away. Doesn't look like I would drive 20hours for what we have.

The west side of the state got dumped on last week. Pull 4-8 more hours and have plenty of snow. Go to Yellowstone and the Big Horns. I hear that is where it is at right now.

Sorry for the bad news. Would like to meet you and would love to ride with another HC member so let me know what you plan on doing. I intended to take my camera so you would have a better idea but forgot it!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Well I appreciate the honest report anyhow-I will keep you posted as to whats happening.I'm 2 hours away from 4 foot of snow thats still somewhat soft and playful yet-I dont know how the temps are gonna pan out yet but I may just cancel the trip and do an across the UP offtrail run instead,as much as I wanna come and see the mountains,I want it to be enjoyable snow and not hard and setup.I will talk it over with my buddy and get back with you as soon as we make the final decision-here's to hoping for some snow out west! :beerchug:
2000 Husqvarna TE610E

Nick takes it from behind!
duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Snowing today and look at the forcast for the Snowy Range

Tonight
Snow 80%
Lo 16F

Wednesday
Snow 80%
Hi 19F

Wednesday Night
Chance Snow 30%
Lo 11F

Thursday
Snow Likely 60%
Hi 26F

Thursday Night
Snow Likely 60%
Lo 9F

Friday
Snow Likely 60%
Hi 19F

Friday Night
Chance Snow 50%
Lo 7F

Saturday
Chance Snow
Hi 21F

Saturday Night
Chance Snow
Lo 8F
Old 03-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Don't know what they got on the range today but I worked just south of the border and the jobsite had about 8-10 inches today
Old 03-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Snowing again this morning. Have you guys made a decision yet? I am going to send you a PM with my home and cell numbers.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Got your PM. Sorry to hear you won't be making it yet I understand the hesistation. It has been dumping snow here for the past two days and is supposed to continue. May be good riding but probably won't be able to see shit.

Good luck and maybe next year!
Old 03-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Junk

A couple of us plan on comming out on the 7-9 of april wil the snow be decent enough then for a 12 hr trip? Just want to make sure. Or how is it now maybe we could come a little earlyer. Let me know
Thanks
green-patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

It's alright after you get over the top. Last weekend was about 4" of powder. We got the side end of the storm that just hit Nebraska. So I assume some good snow for this weekend as well.

April might be a little far out because warm weather is headed this way. But it is Wyoming so you never know. It was snowing in June last year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement