alpine wyoming - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wyoming This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): polaris rmk
Previous Sled(s): Afew

Myself and three others are coming out there in feb. We are staying in alpine and will be riding out from there.Do any of you have some recommedations as to where we should head from there. Thanks in advance
My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather I will skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,WOW... What a Ride!)
coolx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hit up the locals when you get there, follow them to the good snow. Tog is good, actually that whole area is decent. I really wouldn't go too far unguided until you know the way around. Its easy to get into some play areas and get turned around, or drop into something you can't get out of (like that fun lookin' bowl). Take gas with you.
For nightlife/drinking/billiards head up to Jackson Hole. Good beers and smoked chicken pizza at the Snake River Brewery on Millward St (easy to find). The Silver Dollar on Broadway isn't bad either, if you end up too wasted to make it back to Alpine you can get a room (The Wort Hotel, its decent, I stay there when in Jackson). Everything is pretty much within a couple blocks, so you can park and hoof it.
If there are any skiers among you you may want to ski too, there is 4100ft or something of vertical drop since the hole sits so low (for a western ski town, around 6000ft) :beerchug: .
ProMoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): polaris rmk
Previous Sled(s): Afew

Have been checking out togwotee's web cam and the place looks like it's been snowing for the last 3 days. Should be awesome come feb.
My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather I will skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,WOW... What a Ride!)
coolx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ProMoly@Nov 21 2005, 09:56 AM
If there are any skiers among you you may want to ski too, there is 4100ft or something of vertical drop since the hole sits so low (for a western ski town, around 6000ft) :beerchug: .
<div align="right">
[/quote]
hit it this year if you're going to Jackson, the tram is being shut down for possible replacement after this season is over.
Supplicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement