trip to west yellow stone - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Montana This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default trip to west yellow stone

My Girlfriend gave me a snowmobiling trip to west yellow stone for Christmas. I have never been out there and am really excited. I was wondering if anyone has been there or lives there and could give me some advice on where to stay or places to go. I have looked a little and see there are some package deals with cabins and sleds included. Any info would be appreciated.
Turbo runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 Polaris Switchback 600CFI
Riding Since: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo runner View Post
My Girlfriend gave me a snowmobiling trip to west yellow stone for Christmas. I have never been out there and am really excited. I was wondering if anyone has been there or lives there and could give me some advice on where to stay or places to go. I have looked a little and see there are some package deals with cabins and sleds included. Any info would be appreciated.
I am heading out there in a few weeks and staying at Three Bears Lodge in West Yellowstone. They came highly recommended from some friends that have gone a few times. You can do a whole sled, stay, and guide package with them.
whitey240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 SBA 800, 1974 polaris custom II
Previous Sled(s): 2006 900 SB 144, 1996 xcr 600
Favorite Riding Area: boondockin
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: woods

DANG!! Does ur girlfriend need another boyfriend? That's sweet have fun!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Snowmobile.com App
dan-gerous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 600 Pro-S
Previous Sled(s): 2010 Retro Rush 600
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there is snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3000 miles
17-18 Mileage: 110 so far
16-17 Mileage: 2547 miles
Riding Since: 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo runner View Post
You are going to have the ride of your life there. I reccommend going to see two top for sure. Of course the whole yellowstone park which I think was about 125 miles. Ride to Idaho. You really can't lose with any of their packages. It is a very small town. Only thing I would reccommend is that if you are going with someone else I would only use a guide for 2 days. Trails are easy to get around on and find different sites on your own. But, it is really nice for a guide to take you riding in the powder in the mountains!!! They do teach you some amazing stuff. Enjoy!!!
600hoiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 Polaris Switchback 600CFI
Riding Since: 2010

Just got back and did 450 miles in 4 days. Had a great time riding the trails and the powder. I got more experience in 4 days then I did in the last 3 years of riding sleds. West Yellowstone is an awesome town with great food, beer(tons of micro brews), and people. I rode a 2013 RMK 600 144 track and it was perfect. I would definitely advise to not go longer then 144 track. People were bitching about the bigger tracks the whole time. The trails are so well marked that it makes it really easy to get around. Guides show you all the cool spots so definitely get one for at least one day.
whitey240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement