Must see areas near Yellowstone?? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Montana This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris SB Assault, 18 Doo Blizzard
Previous Sled(s): Gades, XPs,Firecats, SRXs, Poos
Favorite Riding Area: Maine, The UP, North Cent. PA
19-20 Mileage: 2250
18-19 Mileage: 2050
17-18 Mileage: 2500
16-17 Mileage: 2700
Riding Since: 1985
Default Must see areas near Yellowstone??

I'm taking a group of 12 to Yellowstone in another week. We will be doing the usual tour of the park the first day. But then we will be riding out of the park for 4 days. I want to make sure these people see all of the coolest sites out there so they take home lots of pictures and memories. A few are newbies, so they are going more for the scenery. The rest of us are experienced riders and are looking forward to some good off-trail riding. Thanks for any input.
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2018, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 19 900T ACE, 16 Gade 1200,
Previous Sled(s): Many
Favorite Riding Area: N Wisc, W. U.P.
19-20 Mileage: 1723 miles
18-19 Mileage: 1813 miles
17-18 Mileage: 1929 miles
16-17 Mileage: 2325
Riding Since: 1972

Trails to Lions Head and Two Top Mountains out of West. That will meet both those requirements.

Trail to Ashton ID. out of the South Gate goes across the top of a dam.

Been there 4 times but last trip was 2002

Enjoy
SnoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): NA
Previous Sled(s): T cat's, zrt's ZR's, xf 7000, wildcat and a bunch of others
Favorite Riding Area: Pinedale WY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 450
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 750
Riding Since: 1977

its been a few yrs since I have been there, but honestly if you go to any of the major places(like above said) I doubt anyone will be disappointed in things they see out there, if there from the east at all, its a whole different world out west, and ALL Places can seem awesome to folks that have never been there before
the BIG deal going west to me is, it just MAKES you want to go back,
and then knowing you missed a few sights just adds more reasons to go back again LOL
if your renting sleds there, any place that rents then should be able to suggest some GREAT places to head too, as well and will be a fresh on snow conditions and trails
the hot spots many times get more beat up trails, so, some times just enjoying the west and all it has away from major draws, is actually as much or more fun for all!
I would recommend doing the park, and that should take care of most of the MUSH see things, after that Two tops, and then just ride, rack up the miles and have fun
mrbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement