$5 Swap Meet in 2 weeks - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Wisconsin This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

The 13th Annual Prairie Riders Grass Drags & Power Sports Swap Meet

Sunday October 8th, 2006
Boone County Fairgrounds Belvidere, IL
8 am-5 pm

Yes you can swap all your stuff for just your $5 admission at one of Illinois largest swap meets

This will be our 13th year running the Snowmobile Grass Drags & Swap Meet. We will once again be running 4 lanes of 500 feet. Each lane is 20 feet wide. Registration begins at 8:00 am and ends at 10:00 am. Racing begins at 11:00 am. You can download the registration form and fill it out ahead of time if you like. All racing is for Trophies and a good time, no cash payouts. Normal number of registrations are 150-175 sleds in 20 classes. Classes are listed on the Registration Form

Our Swap area continues to grow each year. This year we will expand the Swap area for the 3rd straight year. The swap is open to more than just snowmobiles and accessories, and we continue to see more ATVs and Dirt Bikes each year. So bring out whatever you have to sell and come see the many items for sale. Remember you can swap your items for just the $5 general admission, no additional charge :div20: for a trailer or truck load of items. Retail Vendor sites are still just $25 plus your admission.

Please visit the website for more information including a Flyer, Registration form, Map, and hundreds of pictures from past years.

Check out the link below
815-289-1401
Prairie riders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I've raced at those races back in 1998?, it was a riot, the classing was very fair and the whole deal was very well organized .

I wish I could make it.

I really suggest anybody within driving distance should go it was fun!!!! and safe too. Wide lanes, but If I remember correclty it was 6 sleds at a time running.

Actual "Start Lights" used instead of some clown waving his arms.!!
Gettin2Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Thanks for the nice words about our Club's event. As you know it take a lot to put on a Grass Drags & Swap for a Club of our size.
We have grown alot in since 1998. We Run 4 lanes, 20 feet wide, 500 ft. The classes are still the same and you can run for just $15 per class entered. We have added finish line system to get electronic finish results. We run for Trophies only and our aim is just to have fun racing. It's all about having a fun day racing for us. Typically we see racers from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana and one guy from FLORIDA, go figure. If you have never run in grass drags we are your place. Like I said, low keyed and all for fun. Prefect for your first racing event. Normally we have about 150-175 sled entries in 19 classes.
Our Swap Meet is growning each year and that is why we keep the price at $0 :banana: with your $5 admission. I hate the fact that some big swap events cost a guy $50-60 or more just to see if he can get rid of his sled or other toys. I'd rather have more people attend than try to milk everyone for a buck. That's the clubs policy and we stand by it every year. We keep it cheap so it can be a family event and to attract more swappers. It also helps attract the non-snowmobiler to come out and see just what the snowmobile deal is all about. Typically we will see about 2000 thought the gates but every year is different. Each of the last three years we have added more swap area. Last year we had 3 rows of about 1000 feet each and it was full. Once again we will be expanding the swap area at least to 3 or 4 rows of 1000-1250 feet.
We are about 25 minutes south of the IL/WI line about 1:15 from Madison. Very easy to get to just east of Rockford. Map

Check out the website for a Flyer, Registration Form, Map, and hundreds of pictures in the Picture Gallery.
815-289-1401
Prairie riders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement