Governor Whit-holm - Page 5 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #41 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 AXYS Pr-S SB Ann 800, 2019 Indy 850.
Previous Sled(s): 2003 XCR 1100, 2000 XCR 800 turbo, 2005 Redline Revolt 800.
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, Gaylord
19-20 Mileage: 715 so far
18-19 Mileage: 849
17-18 Mileage: 1280
16-17 Mileage: 1115
Riding Since: 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayatodaU.P.eh? View Post
Sheís probably going to say that she has finally filed for a state of emergency with FEMA, is my guess. Too late. This small of a state and we are already in the top 5 of cases per state. Not good. Genesee county is now one of the hot spots in the state too.

Suicides and large scale looting arenít going to be very much further down the road with this shit unless we get our hands around it somehow. You can keep people in countries like China and South Korea cooped up in times like these but that just doesnít work long term in a country like this. People are going to start really freaking out by the end of next week. Itís like sitting at home waiting to catch something that is going to kill you while you slowly go broke with no end in sight. Thatís a LOT of mental stress to take.
Yep. Healthy folks are going to do what they need to do for their families regardless of the virus. My first wife was born in Germany in 1944. She talked about how her father would go out every day looking for milk and food. She was neglected with an untreated kidney infection because there was no medical available. She ultimately got "Nefritis" and had to have dialysis and a transplant in 1973. Finally passed away in 1998 due to complications. This is one simple example of where we're headed if we allow the economy to die. The collateral damage will be horrendous.

I believe I just heard that Ford Motor Co. is starting to reopen some plants. Not 100% sure.
patrioticinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #42 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrioticinnovations View Post
Yep. Healthy folks are going to do what they need to do for their families regardless of the virus. My first wife was born in Germany in 1944. She talked about how her father would go out every day looking for milk and food. She was neglected with an untreated kidney infection because there was no medical available. She ultimately got "Nefritis" and had to have dialysis and a transplant in 1973. Finally passed away in 1998 due to complications. This is one simple example of where we're headed if we allow the economy to die. The collateral damage will be horrendous.

I believe I just heard that Ford Motor Co. is starting to reopen some plants. Not 100% sure.
Dearborn Truck and Kentucky Truck will be starting up on April 14. Supporting plants will follow the same schedule.
patrioticinnovations and NDN like this.
nascarmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 600 H.O. Fusion

Quote:

Yup. What a mess.

I expect that my group will be called back to work, as expected, on the 6th. Might be a slow ramp up but I expect us to be 100% by the 13th.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Default Governor Whit-holm

Quote:
Our Governor will be speaking at 11 AM today.

Our local Hospitals are being overwhelmed in the HOT SPOT Detroit area. While outstate, there are extra available supplies and hospital workers/capacity.

I expect she will do the same as Cuomo recommends.

Namely, shift resources to the areas of most concentration of the virus.

You have to kill the source(s), while chasing the so called "embers" which doesn't require nearly as much effort, IMO.

Last report today showed we were still at 43 deaths statewide. The vast majority in my area Hot Spot.

Now we have to await the approval of the $2.2T stimulus package from the House and the mailing of much needed $ to hospitals for supplies/wages, etc.

Does everyone realize the damage this shutdown is doing to the entire country? Or are we waiting to see before we can see ahead?

No people donít realize this because the media doesnít tell them this. Iím all for flattening the curve, but you canít live in a bubble forever. I donít fear the corona virus at all. What I fear is getting cancer or having a heart attack. Diseases which have a far greater chance of killing you. The fatality rate for coronavirus is around 1.5% Iíll like my chances of being able to recover from it. Hereís some more interesting numbers. The US fatality numbers so far for this virus is at 984 deaths. The flu season of 2017 killed 80,000 people in the US and hospitalized 959,00 people. 4,000 people a week were dying. No pandemic, no closed businesses, no fear, no shelter in place. The biggest difference between the two is the coronavirus is overwhelming our health care system. With the flu, cases are spread out over several months. Covid-19 is spreading fast and hitting everybody at once overwhelming the hospitals.
Once this thing flattens out we have to get the economy back running. I see the idiot Mayor of LA wants to keep his city locked down for 2-3 more months. Itís easy for Whitmer and these millionaires not worried about getting back to work. They can cover their bills. The majority of us donít have that luxury. I think Trump has is right. The cure canít be worse than the problem. When the curve flattens and cases start to decline itís time to come out of hiding. Otherwise weíre heading for a deep recession which will cause far greater issues than this virus. You probably have a greater chance of getting killed in a car accident heading to Meijer to hoard the groceries than you do from dying from this virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by apexpat; 03-26-2020 at 04:39 PM.
apexpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #45 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 MXZx 1200, 97 MXZ 440
Previous Sled(s): Tnt's, Blizzard's, R/V's and Sno Pro's
Favorite Riding Area: Johannesburg, Lewiston
19-20 Mileage: sidelined
18-19 Mileage: not enough
17-18 Mileage: better than last year
16-17 Mileage: sucked
Riding Since: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
At least there are some seasonal workers already making their way north...Mackinac Island says stay out but feel free to wait in St.Ignace and Mackinac City....SMH
Granted the bulk of workers won't arrive until later in the spring but is this really a good idea?
1,500 seasonal workers to come to northern Michigan this spring despite epidemic
https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/1...spite-epidemic

Seen that and thought what the fuck.
tnts4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #46 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexpat View Post
No people don’t realize this because the media doesn’t tell them this. I’m all for flattening the curve, but you can’t live in a bubble forever. I don’t fear the corona virus at all. What I fear is getting cancer or having a heart attack. Diseases which have a far greater chance of killing you. The fatality rate for coronavirus is around 1.5% I’ll like my chances of being able to recover from it. Here’s some more interesting numbers. The US fatality numbers so far for this virus is at 984 deaths. The flu season of 2017 killed 80,000 people in the US and hospitalized 959,00 people. 4,000 people a week were dying. No pandemic, no closed businesses, no fear, no shelter in place. The biggest difference between the two is the coronavirus is overwhelming our health care system. With the flu, cases are spread out over several months. Covid-19 is spreading fast and hitting everybody at once overwhelming the hospitals.
Once this thing flattens out we have to get the economy back running. I see the idiot Mayor of LA wants to keep his city locked down for 2-3 more months. It’s easy for Whitmer and these millionaires not worried about getting back to work. They can cover their bills. The majority of us don’t have that luxury. I think Trump has is right. The cure can’t be worse than the problem. When the curve flattens and cases start to decline it’s time to come out of hiding. Otherwise we’re heading for a deep recession which will cause far greater issues than this virus. You probably have a greater chance of getting killed in a car accident heading to Meijer to hoard the groceries than you do from dying from this virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on target.

As I expected, Whitmer is on TV blaming the Federal Government for the situation in SE Lower MI. Never mind that her constituents are some of the biggest perpetrators. In her mind, the FEDS must take care of irresponsible people.
She is discovering the hard way, as are all those Hot Spots, that all that "inclusiveness" is a big part of the problem.

She is also discovering that a lot of the fix is in her own hands. Namely, by sharing resources around the state. She calls it "Load Sharing". She is also discovering that closed businesses can't help manufacture needed products.

The learning will continue till morale improves!
Mwana likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
Administrator

So for those of you that wanted to go for a car or motorcycle ride this weekend, better stay home. Whitmore just said, no driving or riding of anything just for fun. Stay home.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): ProRMK 800
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. Wyoming, ID, CO, Baldwin
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Right on target.

As I expected, Whitmer is on TV blaming the Federal Government for the situation in SE Lower MI. Never mind that her constituents are some of the biggest perpetrators. In her mind, the FEDS must take care of irresponsible people.
She is discovering the hard way, as are all those Hot Spots, that all that "inclusiveness" is a big part of the problem.

She is also discovering that a lot of the fix is in her own hands. Namely, by sharing resources around the state. She calls it "Load Sharing". She is also discovering that closed businesses can't help manufacture needed products.

The learning will continue till morale improves!
It grew like 10 times in the last week almost to 80,000 now. Now public health official would recommend opening low risk areas without a lot of data that supports this which they do not have yet. The hospital my daughter is at isn't even in the High case area and they have run out of supplies. Yes, everyone wants the economy to get going again but at what cost. Do we want to risk undoing the work we have already done to try contain it? These are tough decisions our leaders have to make.
ntjordan and Al Czervik like this.

Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe to us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO BIG or Stay Home!

We are a proud Supporter of HCS
Paul_Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:39 AM   #49 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayatodaU.P.eh? View Post
So for those of you that wanted to go for a car or motorcycle ride this weekend, better stay home. Whitmore just said, no driving or riding of anything just for fun. Stay home.
Equal misery for everyone. That's Communism. Trump just said this morning that she is doing nothing but blaming the FED for these problems. Typical of her ilk.
Mwana and NDN like this.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Equal misery for everyone. That's Communism. Trump just said this morning that she is doing nothing but blaming the FED for these problems. Typical of her ilk.

Right. The wife and I wanted to just go for a ride in the truck this weekend to get away from the house. Take our food and drinks with us and make no stops. Neither of us are coughing or sneezing and even if we were, how would we be hurting anything by doing that inside a vehicle while driving down the road? The only scenario for us to be exposed to the public would be if we got in an accident or the truck broke down. Odds seem less that would happen over me getting it from going through the pharmacy drive thru last night for some script refills.
Mwana likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement