Looks like the best weekend ahead yet! (in the lower anyway) Who is going where? - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Polaris 2006 600 Fusion Dragon
Previous Sled(s): 74 and counting
Location: NW suburb of water crisis USA...cottage in Boyne City
Favorite Riding Area: Elmira, Michigan
19-20 Mileage: 1
18-19 Mileage: 900
17-18 Mileage: 404
16-17 Mileage: 900
Riding Since: 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh6805 View Post
Nothing against Larry's. I love stopping in for a beer or two. But if you're in that area and want to go eat somewhere go to Railside. 1000X better food than anything you'd get at Larry's.
My boys love Larry...and if you asked Larry he would have the same feeling towards my boys.

I want to do all I can to keep him in business. We have parked and launched at his place since the early 90ís.

A greasy burger and fries is a greasy burger and fries...I just double up on my cholesterol meds around snowmobiling trips.
drewma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I will be hitting the Black Mountain, riding right from the house, maybe grab some lunch at the Bluffs swing over to Millersburg, i think the Presque Isle groomers are doing a meet and greet at the barn there. This is my favorite trail in my area and finally have enough snow to ride it.

Last edited by AftonJay; 02-13-2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
AftonJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12 Pro RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 2010SnoPro720, 2009 Xfire1000SPLE
Favorite Riding Area: Jordan Valley
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewma View Post
My boys love Larry...and if you asked Larry he would have the same feeling towards my boys.

I want to do all I can to keep him in business. We have parked and launched at his place since the early 90ís.

A greasy burger and fries is a greasy burger and fries...I just double up on my cholesterol meds around snowmobiling trips.
What more needs to be said....It's Larrys...everybody that snowmobiles in that area should always make it a point to stop in even if it's just for a soda and some popcorn...top off your sled as well.
rlh6805 likes this.
#00 Buckshot
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12 SB PRO R, 11 PRO R, 05 XCSP700, 99 XC500
Previous Sled(s): 98 RMK500 03 SKS800
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. or wherever their is snow
19-20 Mileage: 900
18-19 Mileage: 1050
17-18 Mileage: 1165
16-17 Mileage: 850

Heading up tomorrow early, haven't decided if its going to be Cadillac/Welston area or Manton/Kalkaska, hmmmm
PolarisLance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 Polaris Indy 600
Previous Sled(s): Cat, Pol, Doo, Yam, Sno-Jet, Chaparral
Favorite Riding Area: Hale Area

Hale.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 XF Turbo Ltd
Previous Sled(s): Poo's

Sitting in the parking lot north of manton in the groomer having a scooby snack and a coffee. Trails looking good. East side of trail 6 has more snow than the west side but still pleanty rideable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
michmobiler and Al Czervik like this.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rastiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2003 Yamaha RX-1 2003 Ski Doo REV 800
Favorite Riding Area: Manton, Mich
Riding Since: 1938

Great man rastiss thanks for your efforts we need to meet up soon. we got to the cabin about 8:30. Everything is fine here but my water is froze! It's been an ongoing battle since we bought the place. Thought I had it beat. Apparently not lol. I think i
I didn't drain it all out last time we were here. Hell it hasn't been that cold it's been a lot colder last year and it never froze.

OH well
rastiss likes this.
Michigan Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Brian View Post
Great man rastiss thanks for your efforts we need to meet up soon. we got to the cabin about 8:30. Everything is fine here but my water is froze! It's been an ongoing battle since we bought the place. Thought I had it beat. Apparently not lol. I think i
I didn't drain it all out last time we were here. Hell it hasn't been that cold it's been a lot colder last year and it never froze.

OH well
Had our furnace quit a couple of years ago. 37 splits in copper from freezing. Damn sewer under footing even froze as it went to septic. Had to have a guy use a steamer to open the sewer up.

I started using an air compressor and blowing lines out. Also add antifreeze to all toilets and drain P traps. Costs me $5 in antifreeze and 15 minutes before I leave. If something freezes it will be minimal.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2003 Yamaha RX-1 2003 Ski Doo REV 800
Favorite Riding Area: Manton, Mich
Riding Since: 1938

I do all of that. The problem is between the house and the well pit. I even have a drain in the well pit and that gets blown out by air also. I also have heat tape on the exposed line in the pit. I just think there is a low spot somewhere and I did not get all the water out last time we were here. I have been chasing this problem for 8 years

It's a manufactured home I think the problem is where the line goes from the house into the ground I am going to heat tape that too in the spring.
But I really think I didn't do a good job blowing it out last time we were here.

Last edited by Michigan Brian; 02-15-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Michigan Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Brian View Post
I do all of that. The problem is between the house and the well pit. I even have a drain in the well pit and that gets blown out by air also. I also have heat tape on the exposed line in the pit. I just think there is a low spot somewhere and I did not get all the water out last time we were here. I have been chasing this problem for 8 years

It's a manufactured home I think the problem is where the line goes from the house into the ground I am going to heat tape that too in the spring.
But I really think I didn't do a good job blowing it out last time we were here.
Easiest fix...move there full time!!!

Then you will not have to shut it down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement