BAR in Welston - Page 5 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): ProRMK 800
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. Wyoming, ID, CO, Baldwin
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
What's up with the pint glass in the Tupperware under the tap?
Of course they are having foam issues. One waitress who is also bartending. Unacceptable. I feel bad for her. She does have a good attitude dispite being set up for failure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe to us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO BIG or Stay Home!

We are a proud Supporter of HCS
Paul_Aris is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

The food was really good for bar style food. I had a burger and they didn't ask how I wanted it cooked but it came out perfect. Just a little pink in the middle. It has very good flavor and fresh toppings.

Follow us on

Subscribe to us on

GO BIG or Stay Home!

Old 10-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): '18 8000 '15 6000 '13 Turbo LXR '12 Turbo LXR
Previous Sled(s): '12 Turbo LXR '09 CFR 1k '07 F1000 '04 Sabercat 700 '03 F7
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac & Surroundings
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: Not Enough
17-18 Mileage: Not Enough
Riding Since: 1972

I sat in the EXACT same spot you did about 8pm last night. The owner was walking around, looking over all the workers shoulders without lending a hand. She looks very angry? Maybe mingle with the guests and welcome them?

There weren't many people there on a Sunday night - but it was still really loud.

Agree on everything - the wife wanted a mixed drink and couldn't see what liquors were available. The bar just needs some decorations / appointments / sound absorption. Oh yeah - and a clock on the wall!

The wife used the bathroom and wasn't happy that people in the kitchen can see the bathroom mirror reflecting what's going on in there. The mens room is the same.

I hope they ask their customers whats good and what needs improvement.
and there you will long to return..."

-- Leonardo da Vinci
jumpjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #44 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjunky View Post
I sat in the EXACT same spot you did about 8pm last night. The owner was walking around, looking over all the workers shoulders without lending a hand. She looks very angry? Maybe mingle with the guests and welcome them?

There weren't many people there on a Sunday night - but it was still really loud.

Agree on everything - the wife wanted a mixed drink and couldn't see what liquors were available. The bar just needs some decorations / appointments / sound absorption. Oh yeah - and a clock on the wall!

The wife used the bathroom and wasn't happy that people in the kitchen can see the bathroom mirror reflecting what's going on in there. The mens room is the same.

I hope they ask their customers whats good and what needs improvement.
The girl we had got out at 4:00pm I think she said. I am sure she was happy to leave. She even asked the owner if he could pour a couple of drafts for her. He tried but said he wasn't good with drafts. What the [email protected]$^. If I was the owner I would have been running all over to try to help that poor server. He certainly wasn't breaking a sweet, moving vary fast or offering to help. I was just a customer and felt like helping the server. Very strange.

I agree with the bathroom situation. I was washing my hands and looked in the mirror and saw one of the girls who had just showed up to start her shift. I thought that was odd.

I am hoping that they can improve the experience especially in the front of the house. The few positives I did see was the kitchen seemed staffed better and the food was good. The owners need some hustle.

Follow us on

Subscribe to us on

GO BIG or Stay Home!

Old 10-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 14 IQR600
Previous Sled(s): 2010SnoPro720, 2009 Xfire1000SPLE
Favorite Riding Area: Jordan Valley
Riding Since: 1978

Sounds like they need Jon Taffer...no joke.
#00 Buckshot
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #46 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
Sounds like they need Jon Taffer...no joke.
Most of the stuff they need to do is pretty simple. Add more servers and a Bartender to wiat on the bar and get the servers their drink orders and train them well. Make sure they understand and poor service or attitudes on their part will be handled by management and then follow through.

Speed up the POS system. Seems like the one waitress that was there when I was there spent a lot of time trying to enter the orders and bills into the POS. Maybe more training would help there as well.

Here is the big one. They owners are there to make sure the place runs like a top and address issues as they arise. They need to hustle around and make sure every customer is happy and help where needed.
jumpjunky and Al Czervik like this.

Follow us on

Subscribe to us on

GO BIG or Stay Home!

Old 10-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Don't give up on the new Bar they are working the bugs out.
Dick from wellston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
If you eat chili there will you get the Achy Breaky farts? Just the name Billy Ray makes me never want to stop there. Sounds like they have Granny go clean up dead coons and skunks from the road and cook up vittles.

My legal name is Billy Ray...Nothing to do with achy Breaky or grannies kitchen
Redneck Yacht Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #49 (permalink)

New bar in Wellston was built and designed for fresh foods, easy access and 100 % customer friendly. We are still working on a lot of projects. We was just trying to get open for the community. Our name comes from the song Redneck Yacht Club. My legal name is Billy Ray my wife is Danielle Lee. We are the sole owners. We have been open 30 days our first 15 days was a soft opening and training our staff. We have had issues with beer taps, POS system, sound barriers, These are all being addressed. I have read a lot of messages on here about many different issues, Even one comparing my name to a achy breaky fart. Very childish. Our menu is all fresh food never frozen. We are striving to get all the things work out. Hunting season is coming and so is snowmobiling. I have been working a maps signs and trails to have a spot for the snowmobiles. Thank you for all the comments and best wishes. Billy Ray and Dani Lee's RYC
Redneck Yacht Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #50 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Axys600R, 2008 IQr, 2008 IQrr,
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Yacht Club View Post
, Even one comparing my name to a achy breaky fart. Very childish. RYC

Thank you, We will see how your marketing plan worked out in a few years. Also you just sealed the deal on me or mine ever stopping in your establishment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement