On line MSA snowmobile trail pass for 2019-20? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Admin - Nick

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800 & 600 H.O. Fusion
Previous Sled(s): All Polarii and one Yamaha.
Favorite Riding Area: Most anywhere north of M-28.
Riding Since: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
MSA could tell you when they are available.....Has anyone bought one yet?
My guess is not until Sept. Has anyone ever bought one at the Haydays? It does mention 10-1 thru 4-1 on the DNR site. Really 10-1 makes no sense seeing trails don't open until 12-1????

Michigan trail passes are sold at Haydays? Not disputing this because all the years Iíve went I never had a long time to look around but, just seems odd. To mean, that seems like you could buy Minnesota trail passes at Novi, or something.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Meat Man

Current Sled(s): MY19 850 Doo mXz TnT
Previous Sled(s): Black MY15 ProS 800 SB ANV
Favorite Riding Area: Summit Lake WI
Riding Since: 1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayatodaU.P.eh? View Post
Michigan trail passes are sold at Haydays? Not disputing this because all the years Iíve went I never had a long time to look around but, just seems odd. To mean, that seems like you could buy Minnesota trail passes at Novi, or something.
I do not want to wait until the Holidays!!

Hey Nick.
sayatodaU.P.eh? likes this.

Sent from my HP Media Center Via RoadRunner...so bite me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Axys600R, 2008 IQr, 2008 IQrr,
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayatodaU.P.eh? View Post
Michigan trail passes are sold at Haydays? Not disputing this because all the years I’ve went I never had a long time to look around but, just seems odd. To mean, that seems like you could buy Minnesota trail passes at Novi, or something.

I was asking if anyone has bought a Mi. pass at the Haydays before. I have seen the MSA in the line of club spots there before. Just never paid attention if they are selling trail permits.
I would not expect the Minnesota association to be at Novi because that show is a joke compared to the Haydays. And who from Mi. goes to Minnesota to ride? They come here. (UP)

Last edited by dodger; 08-14-2019 at 12:10 PM.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Meat Man

Wisconsin is on the ball this year. The AWSC has always told us to get your passes early and they are asking for people to start in July and not to wait till the last minute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190814_134845.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	2055996  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Admin - Nick

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800 & 600 H.O. Fusion
Previous Sled(s): All Polarii and one Yamaha.
Favorite Riding Area: Most anywhere north of M-28.

Quote:
I was asking if anyone has bought a Mi. pass at the Haydays before. I have seen the MSA in the line of club spots there before. Just never paid attention if they are selling trail permits.
I would not expect the Minnesota association to be at Novi because that show is a joke compared to the Haydays. And who from Mi. goes to Minnesota to ride? They come here. (UP)

I did some trail riding in MN back in 2014. It wasnít bad.

I would never say that Novi even holds a candle to Haydays but itís the biggest show in Michigan so thatís why I used it as an example.

Iíve seen MSA people at Haydays but never seen them with a booth. Again, I never got to see a lot of the show though either so Iím not doubting you and Iím sure it would be a good idea for them.

Just wish Michigan offered 3 and 7 day passes along with the season long pass, like Ontario does. I get sick of burning $50 up to watch my wife MAYBE put a tank of fuel through her sled a year.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Wisconsin is on the ball this year. The AWSC has always told us to get your passes early and they are asking for people to start in July and not to wait till the last minute.

Be careful posting those pics. Anyone that has a quality color printer can buy good sticker material and reproduce with your numbers.

I had a guy show up to my cabin for a group ride I put on. He started handing out fake Mi. trail passes. He said he had a buddy that has a nice printer and he re-popped them. They might just do it using your numbers, and who knows, they might get caught on a camera doing something stupid.
Only a heads up on how crooked people can be over 50 dollars.

Yes, they were not reflective material but in the daytime they looked very authentic.

I know what you're thinking. No I didn't, I had already bought mine and would not want to lose my right to snowmobile .........

Last edited by dodger; 08-16-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
The Meat Man

Quote:
Be careful posting those pics. Anyone that has a quality color printer can buy good sticker material and reproduce with your numbers.

I had a guy show up to my cabin for a group ride I put on. He started handing out fake Mi. trail passes. He said he had a buddy that has a nice printer and he re-popped them. They might just do it using your numbers, and who knows, they might get caught on a camera doing something stupid.
Only a heads up on how crooked people can be over 50 dollars.

Yes, they were not reflective material but in the daytime they looked very authentic.

I know what you're thinking. No I didn't, I had already bought mine and would not want to lose my right to snowmobile .........
You do realize any fool with a camera can take a picture in any Bar Resturant parking lot can create the same scenario.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Yes I do, You are giving them somewhat of an early start with YOUR numbers. Sorry for trying to help you out

Last edited by dodger; 08-16-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 SBA 850
Previous Sled(s): 12SWB600 09D8 05XC800 00XC500
Favorite Riding Area: UP and N. WI

This happens every year. Guy has $50k plus wrapped up in truck, trailer, and sled, but refuses to buy a $50 dollar trail pass! Blows my mind.
dodger likes this.

Support the sport! Join a club!
I&M Trailblazers Snowmobile Club member
Channahon, IL
1fastpolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Go to any store in Michigan that sells fishing licenses. They can print you off a trail permit before the msa gets their nicer stickers.
snowcrazy1 likes this.
Greg B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement