Hay Days 2019 Who's going??? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2004 XC500SP, 2002 Polaris Classic 600
Previous Sled(s): 1990 Indy Trail, 1976 ColtSS, 1970 Charger 398
Riding Since: 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris bob View Post
Our thought at this point in time is to fly in, get a rental car and a room near the airport and drive up from there.

According to maps, the event location is only 60 sum odd miles north of the big city.
Are you talking MSP or one of the smaller airports? From MSP, easy drive north and lots of choices for a room near the airport.
polaris bob likes this.

Last edited by p51mstg; 06-12-2019 at 01:01 PM.
p51mstg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Frankenstein
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there is snow.
Riding Since: 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Jesus the ferry ride would really throw an expense into it....Frikking pricey. It's an hour to load and a hour to unload the last time I took the ferry. 4 hour trip over (6 total) and you can drive there faster. It was the mid 90s the last time I took it. It went to Kewanee

11 hours for me one way. If they would ever get done with the Cut River bridge it would knock of a good 1/2 hour to 45 min. 3 years now working on that bridge.

Yeah taking the ferry is not in the cards for me. With two guys and one vehicle you're looking at approximately two hundred bucks each way! F that!!!! Add to the fact it's not any faster in fact it's at least an hour slower.
polaris bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Frankenstein
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there is snow.
Riding Since: 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51mstg View Post
Quote:
Our thought at this point in time is to fly in, get a rental car and a room near the airport and drive up from there.

According to maps, the event location is only 60 sum odd miles north of the big city.
Are you talking MSP or one of the smaller airports? From MSP, easy drive north and lots of choices for a room near the airport.

Keep in mind this is still in the spit ball stage, I just started talking about this with my buddy yesterday. But yeah we would fly into MSP airport, stay at a room semi close to the airport that's convenient and cost-effective, most likely rent a car from one of the places at the airport and have at it.

Considering I don't have any huge wish list of stuff to buy, and I'm not taking anything to sell. Flying there just makes so much more sense.
polaris bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
18-19 Mileage 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000

Quote:
Keep in mind this is still in the spit ball stage, I just started talking about this with my buddy yesterday. But yeah we would fly into MSP airport, stay at a room semi close to the airport that's convenient and cost-effective, most likely rent a car from one of the places at the airport and have at it.

Considering I don't have any huge wish list of stuff to buy, and I'm not taking anything to sell. Flying there just makes so much more sense.
Probably not a bad plan to stay farther away. Anywhere close is probably already booked. My shop is 10 minutes from the site, so I go every year. I look forward to it. As said, good shoes are a must. It's basically a giant flea market with snowmobiles. It's not that far from the air port really, maybe an hour.
Frankie406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51mstg View Post
Quote:

I honestly wouldn’t waste the time and money to go to it unless it is something you really want to see. You can see the whole thing in about 4 hours. I usually get there just before cat brings out their race sled, check out what is new at the vendors, watch some racing and gone by about 3pm. I also found going late morning you avoid all the traffic and parking lot nonsense. Getting there around noon you can pull right in and get good parking spot. I never go into the giant flea market they are calling a swap meet. As far as buying things the pricing is the same as most places have on line. I haven’t gone in a few years so I might go this year.
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 IQr, (2) 2008 IQrr, 03 pro-x600
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"

maybe you do not appreciate a great place to find used parts, but a lot of people do. Hit some so called swaps in other states and you will appreciate what this swap is. To go to the Haydays once, should be on every Hardcore Sledders bucket list.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 IQr, (2) 2008 IQrr, 03 pro-x600
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT2KILL2 View Post
Made it there every year during it's hEyday thru out the 1990's into early 2000's. I remember catching dirt cheap airfare one year from Chicago (midway) roundtrip for under $80.00
One year I was parked in the pits next to a guy who drove from Bethel, Maine to race Ski-Doos in stock class

On the old location. I liked when the old (inside)swap spaces would fill up and the parking lots turned into swap spaces too. Parts were sold cheap out in the parking lots. Barons finally put a kibosh on that
Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
maybe you do not appreciate a great place to find used parts, but a lot of people do. Hit some so called swaps in other states and you will appreciate what this swap is. To go to the Haydays once, should be on every Hardcore Sledders bucket list.
The op is not interested in finding used parts. Imo Princeton is the better of the 2
Old 06-12-2019, 11:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Also remember he is coming from Michigan. It will cost him close to a grand to attend it.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 800 assault,2003 edge800,600
Previous Sled(s): 600 zrt,600xcr,600vmax(3),xc600,xlt600(4),machz800,manymore
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac lost pines lodge
18-19 Mileage 200
17-18 Mileage: 1200+
16-17 Mileage: 500+
Riding Since: 94

Wish they would bring back the Hastings swap meet and snowshow
NDN likes this.
Lost in caddy 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links