Trash In Woods/Trails - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default Trash In Woods/Trails

We went up to ride quads in UP last weekend. I couldn't believe the amount of trash(mostly empty beer cans) in the woods.

Also seen a lot in ditches.

Great way to loose our privileges.....

Remind your friends and fellow riders!
Mr. Pump Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 20 Renegade 600R
Previous Sled(s): 16 renegade 600 Etec, 12 renegade 600 Etec, 07 renegade 600
Favorite Riding Area: ontario
18-19 Mileage 1510
17-18 Mileage: 2740
16-17 Mileage: 2520
15-16 Mileage: 1590
Riding Since: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pump Gas View Post
We went up to ride quads in UP last weekend. I couldn't believe the amount of trash(mostly empty beer cans) in the woods.

This is something that annoys the shit out of me. its really simple, If you have room to carry out on the trails on your sled you have room to take it back home with you.
billp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Switchback 800 (X2)
Previous Sled(s): 2008 Switchback 700
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
18-19 Mileage 4820
17-18 Mileage: 5280
16-17 Mileage: 3660
15-16 Mileage: 2980
Riding Since: 1966

I pull a trailer behind my 4-wheeler when I pick up my trail signs in the spring, and I always find enough crap to fill a 5 gallon pail or two.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
18-19 Mileage not much
15-16 Mileage: Zero
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pump Gas View Post

Its the same snowmobiling on a sunday morning for some areas where i ride. You can fill your windshield bag with empty beer cans before you get 5 miles out. Every year since the 70's its been the same old thing.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): ProRMK 800
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. Wyoming, ID, CO, Baldwin
Riding Since: 1969

Now that the snow is melting up there it amazes me how much trash starts to show. I realize these are popular trails but wow. That is why you have storage areas on your sled.

Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe to us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO BIG or Stay Home!

We are a proud Supporter of HCS
Paul_Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): An Old Cat and an Old Doo
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Cats and Doo's, few Yammys
Riding Since: 1990

I hate people that litter.
It really shows how much of a piece of shit they are and tells you a lot about a person.
jjlrrw and billp like this.
stinkipinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I agree. This type of behavior always amazes me and I've seen this sort of thing going on for enough years that our generation cannot pin this one on the millennial's. It's not likely that those that frequent this site are culprits either. Anyone that is a true enthusiast of the sport would not be dumping their shit wherever it lands with not a single thought about giving an ounce of respect to the landowner's that allow our sport to exist here.

My son and I are constantly picking up trash on the trails and I just don't get it. Not like this rant is going to stop it but going to post it up anyway.
jdskycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Polaris 600
Previous Sled(s): 1 SkiDoo 2 Arctic Cats and 6 Polaris and assorted others
Favorite Riding Area: Hayward WI area, Up North
18-19 Mileage Who Counts

I carry a trash bag in the rear bag on my four wheeler. Seeing all those beer cans along snowmobile and ATV trails not only shows there are a lot of pigs out there but a lot of drunks also.

It's the same way along roads now. My mother came out from Ohio to Minnesota for a visit some years ago and remarked how clean it was along our roads. Now there is trash everywhere. Pigs that throw their trash out the window of their vehicles. Cutbacks for highway employees has seen a severe curtailment in highway workers for picking up trash and cutting grass and weeds along highways. The state and county now ask volunteers to clean sections of highway for free. An ATV club I belonged to cleaned a two mile section of highway near here. The state put up a nice little recognition sign with the clubs name and stating that the next two miles of road were cleaned by such and such club. But these groups only pick up trash once a month for the most part. The roads are not so nice anymore.
Drift19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
18-19 Mileage not much
15-16 Mileage: Zero
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift19 View Post
I carry a trash bag in the rear bag on my four wheeler. Seeing all those beer cans along snowmobile and ATV trails not only shows there are a lot of pigs out there but a lot of drunks also.

It's the same way along roads now. My mother came out from Ohio to Minnesota for a visit some years ago and remarked how clean it was along our roads. Now there is trash everywhere. Pigs that throw their trash out the window of their vehicles. Cutbacks for highway employees has seen a severe curtailment in highway workers for picking up trash and cutting grass and weeds along highways. The state and county now ask volunteers to clean sections of highway for free. An ATV club I belonged to cleaned a two mile section of highway near here. The state put up a nice little recognition sign with the clubs name and stating that the next two miles of road were cleaned by such and such club. But these groups only pick up trash once a month for the most part. The roads are not so nice anymore.
Same here in connecticut, roadsides in rural areas haven't been touched since the snow melted in march. There's plenty of discarded trash with no money in the state dot budget to clean it up.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Polaris Indy 800sp es
Previous Sled(s): 31 Polaris starting in 1967
Favorite Riding Area: Any place theres snow
18-19 Mileage 1700
17-18 Mileage: 600
16-17 Mileage: 1600
15-16 Mileage: 1800
Riding Since: 1967

I live near Pontiac lake recreation area and can ride from my house to get there for a quick ride fix. There is an awesome high spot where you can look out and every time I go there I find a stack of empties. I always pack them on my sled. We have idiots among us. Got to be young punks that do it. I hope I catch them someday
248glenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement