snowmobilers in NY - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New York This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill

Have a camp on Tug Hill in Constableville.
Groomer goes right past the camp, we ride from our front door from Thanksgiving to Easter most years.
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Sledless
Previous Sled(s): 99 INDY500XCSP
Favorite Riding Area: Togwotee WY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 330
Riding Since: 97 ?

live in between buffalo and rochester....ride mainly orleans,monroe,genesse and occaisonal wyoming counties... generally make 3-4 trips up to the tug a yr, for something different...

WTB-600 Switchback
03 Pro-XR 440 w/a 02 pro-x600 engine. C&A trail skis, 1.5" Camo Intense, PERC.SOLD :-(
Pro-x 600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 04 proxr 440/800
Previous Sled(s): 06 cf700 snopro, 03 f7 snopro
Riding Since: 12

hey prox 600 how far out of the hamburg/eden area? I usually ride from eden and me and a few friends have a few fun spots to ride in hamburg

-Fly_KiD003-
fly_kid003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I live way up north on the st. lawrence river, i ride around home sometimes if there is enough snow but mainly trail up to the cranberry lake area where we ride from our camp. :beerchug:
SLEDprox700NECKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

I live in gainesville,just south of warsaw in Wyoming county right on a trail,have been to old forge,this year I'm supposed to plan the trip for 6-8 guys to tug hill or old forge,if any one can help out with suggestions on where to stay would be really appreciated
leadertv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm in Manhattan, but alas, I cannot snowmobile here.

It was great seeing Manhattan covered over with an ice age, in "The Day After Tomorrow". I still fantasize about it.

Snowmobile owners would see their sleds value go up to around one Million dollars (until factories started cranking sleds out)

I'd be riding up the west side highway, then out onto the frozen hudson river, north to the castles of West Point and Bannermans Island.

No, but Seriously, there's not alot of snowmobiling around West Point, and I just dont think I''ll ever register in NY, since I dont seem to be breaking any laws by registering in NH, and then getting a VAST sticker in Vermont. That's $200 alone, without adding insurance. I cant afford any more $$ for NY.
I'll just bring the sled to my buddys house at Okemo, and sled in NH or VT, since I think there is reciprocity.

3 trips i have to do this year:

Green mountain run, from bottom to top, weaving in and out of the peaks..
NEK trip
find 62 mile railbed trail at edge of VT, and heads into NH

I know theres probably good trails in NY, but Vermont is just so damn close!
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 XRS 800 etec
Previous Sled(s): 08 Yamaha Nytro
Favorite Riding Area: Western NY & Tug Hill

Leadertv, might I suggest staying at The Edge Hotel in Lyons Falls NY. Top notch hotel located between Tug Hill and Old Forge. They accumidate snowmobilers from all over and have a huge parkinglot for trailers and trucks. The hotel is only a few years old and is very clean and up to date. They even have self serve bulgium waffles in the morning.

From the hotel you can make a day trip to Old Forge, Tug Hill, and Stillwater. These all are favorite riding spots up there. The room will cost ya like $82 tax included (per night). I have a room booked already from 1/11-1/16 in 2005. Plus we make day trips up there every other weekend. Let me know and I'll give ya all the information I have.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

Snowmanf7,that sounds like a good location,is it right on a trail?I was thinking more of riding in the tug hill region to get away from paying the fee for the forge area,is there any night life around this hotel?,also for that $82 does that include 2 people in the room?,were going there either the same week you are or the following week,thanks for the info
Old 07-07-2004, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 XRS 800 etec
Previous Sled(s): 08 Yamaha Nytro
Favorite Riding Area: Western NY & Tug Hill

Yeah, the hotel is right on a major trail that is groomed all the time. The $82 includes 2 double beds. They have bigger rooms with jacuzzs(sp), and a small kitchen. Like I said this hotel is great compared to anything in the area. Most of the other places up there are motels and are small and cramped. For an extra $10 a night they can through in a cot for someone else. As far as night life goes, there is a bar/resturarant right next door to the hotel. If you are willing to ride the sled 10 min. down the trail, Timberview bar/resturant is a good place to hang out. Trust me, they cater to snowmobilers in every which way. There is even a titty bar somewhere up there that I haven't been to yet.

I hear you about paying for trail fee's. Tug Hill is right there and you can ride the Hill all day with do problems. Stillwater Lake doesn't cost anything to ride there and its a nice ride up there. I have heard different people talk about the trails in Old Forge as being very smooth and well marked. Thats something that is lacking on Tug Hill at times. The grooming on Tug Hill is done by volunteered snowmobile clubs while the grooming in Old Forge are done by paid workers.

I can leave from the LeRoy exit on the Thruway and be up there in about 3 hours, most to all highway driving. Keep me posted when your going to be up there, I'll be sure to help out, and if your up there the same time as me, I'll show you around. Heres a good suggestion, reserve your rooms now before they fill up
Check out the hotel at www.TheEdgeHotel.com
Old 07-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

snowmanf7,thanks for all the info,sounds like the place to go,I have poker tomorrow night and several of the snowmobile guys will be there so I'll get a definate answer on dates were going and get the rooms reservered and let you know,if you ever want to ride in wyoming county I'll be glad to sure you around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement