Parking on/near Tug - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New York This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NYH1
  • 2 Post By Lid2
  • 1 Post By BigE

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2020, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default Parking on/near Tug

I plan on heading to the hill Wednesday morning. Only ridden there a few times in the past. I've parked in the lot across from Timberview, which I believe is closed now, the little state lot below Timberview and the Nice N Easy in Constableville. Is there enough snow to park at one of these spots yet? Would I be better off heading further North and West? If N/W is better can someone recommend a parking spot? I found some old threads, but don't know what may have changed. None of the electronic maps I have show parking spots in the area. May also be worth mentioning that I am coming from Utica and will likely get there late in the morning, so if there are limited spaces it's probably not the lot for me.

Thanks
E

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Polaris Classic's; son '01 600, me '04 700.
Previous Sled(s): Ski Doo's; '87 Stratos,'94 MX470, '98 Formula 500.
Favorite Riding Area: CNY and Tug Hill NY.
Riding Since: 1992

Not sure where you're coming from. However, there's a few spots in Redfield where you can park and unload, one right on Rt. 17, another right around the corner. I've parked on Little John Rd. earlier this year as well.

NYH1.
BigE likes this.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 xc indy 840
Previous Sled(s): 2015 prox 17 prox 17 xcr 10 xp 09 nytro 06 apex 05 f7 03 f7
Favorite Riding Area: Tug hill- old forge

Smith road parking lot. In constablevile . If full you can turn around in lot it’s a U and park on side of road Harding back the way you came. It’s not a problem. Trailers are lined right up.
BigE and NYH1 like this.
Lid2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

So I parked at the Nice N Easy in Cville since we needed gas anyway. The trail from there to Smith road was quite a workout, on the way back it was worse and I had enough already. Last time I was through there there was more snow so it wasn't as bad. Smith Rd had quite a few trucks and trailers by the time we ride through so I'm not sure I would have gotten a spot anyway. If you're reading this, keep that stretch of trail in mind when deciding where to park in that area.

NYH1 likes this.
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

In low snow conditions. Stay right off there. You can park along road if no room in parking lot on smith. Done it 100 times. Was up wed. Myself by end of night. It was really thin in a lot of spots. Need more snow. Hopefully get 8or better sat/sat night. We need it. Got a lil over 500 on so far this season would normally have 1000 by now. This has been the worst winter that I can personally remember

Last edited by Lid2; 01-23-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
So I parked at the Nice N Easy in Cville since we needed gas anyway. The trail from there to Smith road was quite a workout, on the way back it was worse and I had enough already. Last time I was through there there was more snow so it wasn't as bad. Smith Rd had quite a few trucks and trailers by the time we ride through so I'm not sure I would have gotten a spot anyway. If you're reading this, keep that stretch of trail in mind when deciding where to park in that area.

i parked there too. silver tundra. that trail was not that bad. i have seen it worse. imagine if it gotten warmer out. i can accept a little pickin' to get the good stuff. should have seen salisbury in the morning
sleepybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Ran the railbed at about 11pm last night and it was ROUGH. i was cringing the whole way new studs ,ca skis and carbides. We’re taking a beating. Rest of main corridors were good enough (barely) by my standards

Last edited by Lid2; 01-24-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Polaris / 2019 XC
Favorite Riding Area: In the Snow
Riding Since: 1968

I left from Smith Road yesterday/Thursday there were quite a few trucks and trailers parked on the side of the road. Let's face it WE NEED SNOW ! So far this year has been a bust. If we get snow better hit it and not wait, the season is ticking down fast. Glad I didn't get a 2020 this year. I can't imagine how poor new sled sales will be for 2021 unless we get buried in Feb/March.
t hillrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18'switchback assault 800
Previous Sled(s): 15 pro-s sb,10 d8 01 xcsp 800

Boy am I glad I got out last Monday, rode just enough to want to ride more but not looking good.
catskillmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny

you must have hit the hill. salisbury was a no go. we went wed to salisbury and ended up at the hill which was scratchy but fun as hell
sleepybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement