Heads up... Smith Road Parking Area! - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New York This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 06:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 thundercat/19 assault 850
Previous Sled(s): 12 f1100 turbo sp 12 xrs 800, 06 800x,14 gade x 800, 09 800x
Favorite Riding Area: mountain view, old forge, tug,
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600
16-17 Mileage: 1450
Riding Since: 1988

same thing with nys troopers, they are trained this way now to harass people to purse any tickets they can, instead of out busting someone for drugs or major crimes they worry about petty stuff, most of these young cowboy troopers are simply afraid to deal with any of those issues anyways and would rather write you a ticket for a plate light or marker light out.
Trail Ryder, Lid2 and NYH1 like this.
wildeye12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny

my area went from no police at all to a police state. you can't move around here without passing numerous police cars, all different types. plus unmarked . and the focus seems to be anything that you can be stopped for. i went out to eat last weekend, about 30 miles from home, noticed my girlfriend's jetta had a low beam out. next thing i am at advance auto changing a bulb in the parking lot. pretty easy so i stayed clean. would not have made it home with that light out without being stopped. maybe more than once. not kidding.
sleepybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 thundercat/19 assault 850
Previous Sled(s): 12 f1100 turbo sp 12 xrs 800, 06 800x,14 gade x 800, 09 800x
Favorite Riding Area: mountain view, old forge, tug,
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600
16-17 Mileage: 1450
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
my area went from no police at all to a police state. you can't move around here without passing numerous police cars, all different types. plus unmarked . and the focus seems to be anything that you can be stopped for. i went out to eat last weekend, about 30 miles from home, noticed my girlfriend's jetta had a low beam out. next thing i am at advance auto changing a bulb in the parking lot. pretty easy so i stayed clean. would not have made it home with that light out without being stopped. maybe more than once. not kidding.
New York, welcome to the police state!
Trail Ryder likes this.
wildeye12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 ZR 9000 LXR
Previous Sled(s): AC SD POL and YAM they are all the same
Favorite Riding Area: genesee county
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 1991

Anyone who says that they want more police enforcement on the trail needs to have their head examined.
wildeye12 likes this.
geez150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '14 XRS 797 ETEC
Previous Sled(s): '13 T'NT 594
Favorite Riding Area: NY
19-20 Mileage: 1,100
18-19 Mileage: 1,261
17-18 Mileage: 1,775
16-17 Mileage: 1,645
Riding Since: '73

So speaking of DEC Officers on power trips:

Thursday morning we (my cousin, my uncle, my father, and myself) rode from OF to Brantingham, via the logging road. And after lunch at the Pine Tree, we headed back to OF via C8A through Confusion Flats. Of note, my father and uncle are in their 70's.

So along the trail, my uncle pulls up along side of me and says "I need to stop NOW". So we all pull to the side of the trail in a line of 4 sleds, as far as we can on the right side of the trail. I said to my uncle "What's wrong?" His response, "I really got to go pee." No problem. So all 4 off us, walk about 4 feet off of the trail and into the woods a little and take a leak with our backs to the trail. The next thing you know, a DEC officer pulls up and starts screaming at us for doing our business in public, in a full-on angry tirade.

I eventually am able to get in a word and politely inform him that 2 of the riders in our party our elderly and their bladder control is just not what if used to be. And then he finally calms down A LITTLE. What a jerk!!!

God forbid that we use taxpayer resources and have the DEC focus on loud sleds, drunks, poaching, environmental pollution, etc.
Trail Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): "Agri-vator"

Weren't like within view of a road or a parking area or somebody's home/camp, something random like that were you? (Highly doubt it). I've never once questioned our ability to pee in the woods. Maybe step 5' off the trail next time? I stop 2-3x a day. Probably keep doing it.
stronger800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill

Was the guy on sled? He has to park somewhere...
Next time you are up find his parking area and drop a deuce right next to his drivers door.
Trail Ryder likes this.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '14 XRS 797 ETEC
Previous Sled(s): '13 T'NT 594
Favorite Riding Area: NY
19-20 Mileage: 1,100
18-19 Mileage: 1,261
17-18 Mileage: 1,775
16-17 Mileage: 1,645
Riding Since: '73
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronger800 View Post
Weren't like within view of a road or a parking area or somebody's home/camp, something random like that were you? (Highly doubt it). I've never once questioned our ability to pee in the woods. Maybe step 5' off the trail next time? I stop 2-3x a day. Probably keep doing it.
There was a camp on the other side of the "trail" with an unplowed driveway and no sled tracks. Our backs were to the camp.

He was on a Ski-Doo 1200 DEC sled. Others, in the Brantingham area, know of him and told me he is on a never-ending power trip.

I have several friends in law enforcement and have NEVER had any issues with the TOW Police or the local Sheriff's snowmobile patrols. I always ride sane speeds, show respect, register and insure everything, and only run the stock exhaust. I snowmobile all over the State, and that being said, I have had several issues with zealous or misinformed DEC Officers. I will say not ALL DEC Officers are bad, some are good at the their job and public relations.

In addition to my earlier post, about being reprimanded (not ticketed) for riding down a snow-covered road designated for snowmobile use, I have also been with someone who was mis-ticketed by a DEC Officer for their snowmobile registration number and insurance policy number being different (they are not supposed to match, they are 2 entirely different numbers). After taking time off of work to go to court, the charge was thrown out of court along with all other DEC citations that night. Apparently, the local judge was also frustrated with the DEC writing bogus tickets (probably to meet a Cuomo directed revenue-generating quota).
Trail Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement