Sled title - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New York This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tomang07
  • 1 Post By mrbb

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Arctic Cat
Previous Sled(s): A/C,Yamaha
Favorite Riding Area: L.Highlands
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 250
Riding Since: 1974
Default Sled title

I am thinking of buying sled from New York and live in PA. Was told all I needed was a signed owners card. No sled titles in New York? Any help would be appreciated . THANKS
slow rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 AC Riot 8000
Previous Sled(s): 01 ZR800 and 97 Powder Extreme ZRT600
Favorite Riding Area: Maine
Riding Since: 2009

Look up PAs laws on what's required to register. Doesn't really matter where the sled is from.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
NYH1 likes this.
tomang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): NA
Previous Sled(s): T cat's, zrt's ZR's, xf 7000, wildcat and a bunch of others
Favorite Riding Area: Pinedale WY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 450
17-18 Mileage: 1100
16-17 Mileage: 750
Riding Since: 1977

I have bought a few sleds from NY
the state of NY has an official form that a seller can use to sell the sled, and act as bill of sale, it will contain all needed info to be filled out
names of both parties, sled, Vin, price, address of both buyer/seller and so on

NOW< heads up if you PLAN to also use sled in NY
as of 2018 NY changed the rules on registering a sled in NY<for a NON resident of NY,
so if you resided in PA< and wish to also register lic sled in NY< you CANNOT use the online service, for what ever reason in 2018 they change the rules and NOW require you to go to a NY DMV in person to fill out paperwork!
so heads up, if planning any trips to NY, that you will NOT be able to use the online system as in the past
I found this out personally , did online format in 2017 when I bought a sled in NY and went thru just fine, then tried again in 2018 after buying another sled(that was previously registered in NY) and couldnl;t use online system to do so, double checked with calling NY DMV and asked again at DMV in NY when I went there to do so and was told it was NEW for 2018

just an added step in things , but a heads up for you so you know in advance
I got lucky as had trip planned and just stopped in on way up in AM< and only took like 2 HOURS of waiting in line for 10 minutes of paperwork or less?
so plan waiting time if you go to a DMV too!
NYH1 likes this.
mrbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2019, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2-'18 Rush Pro-S 800 SCS
Previous Sled(s): '97 XLT, '90 Indy 500
Favorite Riding Area: Couch
19-20 Mileage: 230
18-19 Mileage: 340
17-18 Mileage: 260
Riding Since: 1996

I bought one from Michigan last year (used) and I think the lady at the dmv in Binghamton told me they are just like Michigan where your current registration card doubles as an owner transfer card. The seller signs the appropriate line and hands it and the sled over and you just take that to your local notary and they will have a PA title issued and mailed to you.
LIMESQUEEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement