finger lakes region - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New York This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Any trail w/ +3" of snow.
Cool Closed...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantry View Post
The Canoe is worth building an entire ride around. Come to think of it, the Canoe's blueberry pie alone is worth it.
Someone in the other forum said it closed.
All comments posted are MY opinion ONLY and shall not reflect in any way upon my club.
Drifthopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '09 Yamaha Nytro R-TX SE
Previous Sled(s): '03 Polaris 700 Classic
Favorite Riding Area: Madison County, NY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 823
16-17 Mileage: 800

South of the thruway when there is snow is some of the best riding in NY.
NYH1 likes this.
Grassman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman24 View Post
South of the thruway when there is snow is some of the best riding in NY.
i'll second that. i always make a point of it when snow hits. can go north later. i like just north of the thruway too. we sometimes start in sharon springs and ride to ilion, across the thruway, up to salisbury or barneveld for lunch. back around through st johnsville , across the thruway , and back. when it's cold we cross the mohawk and go down the bike path to cross the thruway.

Grassman24 likes this.
sleepybrew is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '09 Yamaha Nytro R-TX SE
Previous Sled(s): '03 Polaris 700 Classic
Favorite Riding Area: Madison County, NY
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 823
16-17 Mileage: 800

I keep my sled at the in-laws during the winter in Morrisville. I went to school out in Cobleskill and would like to ride out that direction more. Iíve heard about the riding there and just up past Little Falls. Unfortunately with the low snow conditions in the past few years I havenít ventured out there. The Hill is good when itís low snow everywhere else but the mix of farm fields, hills and the views around the thruway area and south is great.
Grassman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

we park in seward, just outside cobleskill. have ridden from north blenheim.
Grassman24 likes this.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 SWB Assault 800; 2016 SWB Pro-S 800
Previous Sled(s): Started on 1972 Yamaha 338
Favorite Riding Area: Away from the crowds
19-20 Mileage: 2328
18-19 Mileage: 2313
17-18 Mileage: 3870
16-17 Mileage: 936
Riding Since: 1987

Canoe was open as of about 10d ago (one of my fishing buddies had a burger) ... that's all I know about it 'til we get some snow and I can ride down there and check it out in person.

If youre based south of me, Cortland area, and looking for a high-mile ride ... an option is to head due north, up through Nelson/Fenner/Stota. Those trail conditions are very weather dependent. Sometimes a little janky, sometimes really awesome, but bottom line the clubs seem to emphasize keeping their corridor trails passable once there's snow. If you can get to Canastota you can get to almost anywhere. Run the length of Oneida Lake to West Monroe and then up toward Pulaski/Sandy Creek area; cross the lake and use Taberg's trails to Camden and points north; run east through Rome and onto the Hill, or better yet hang a right toward Forestport and points east; of course all is dependent on snow cover and ice safety but there are good miles to be had most years.
Grassman24 and NYH1 like this.
Wantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantry View Post
Canoe was open as of about 10d ago (one of my fishing buddies had a burger) ... that's all I know about it 'til we get some snow and I can ride down there and check it out in person.

If youre based south of me, Cortland area, and looking for a high-mile ride ... an option is to head due north, up through Nelson/Fenner/Stota. Those trail conditions are very weather dependent. Sometimes a little janky, sometimes really awesome, but bottom line the clubs seem to emphasize keeping their corridor trails passable once there's snow. If you can get to Canastota you can get to almost anywhere. Run the length of Oneida Lake to West Monroe and then up toward Pulaski/Sandy Creek area; cross the lake and use Taberg's trails to Camden and points north; run east through Rome and onto the Hill, or better yet hang a right toward Forestport and points east; of course all is dependent on snow cover and ice safety but there are good miles to be had most years.
i have been to pulaski from the hill. huge water holes at that point. over the mexico way , and most everything north. we like to park in salisbury when we ride north. from there we go west to lee center, up to west lyden, back across to boonville, forestport, hinkley, and back. one of the best parts of that ride is lunch at gone coastal. gooood stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement