New laws? - Page 6 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New Hampshire This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
just telling you what the word is on the street. people not going to register in this state for the doubling of fines and upping the registration fee's. a lot of people.

land owner complaints? loud ex. and riding off trial i can see. but going to fast? not buying that sorry. i'am pretty sure most bigger land owners aren't anywhere near the trials.( the timber/paper company's) i think these large land owners are more concerned with off trail riding period. and isn't the 19 corridor railroad bed owned by the state? bear notch road? cherry mountain road? mt. Shaw. so what land owners here are complaining?

when the state registrations are half what they were last. you will know why. because apparently who ever is making the rules doesn't get it.
Sounds like you don't know who the landowners are... which is why you don't get it. In the State of NH, 90% of the residents do not own motorized trail vehicles. When the rules are being made... there are a lot of non-motorized representation to landowners in the room. Even when you go to something not owned by the State... such as Forest Society owned/managed land... the trail speed even for snowmobiles drops to 25 mph and OHRV are completely restricted.
John Edward Mericer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #52 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 AC 800 RR Green
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Rangeley and La Malbaie,Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1200+-
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHsledda View Post
Likey likey....
I understand the sentiment but I can assure you that business owners are NOT going to be happy when their Winter businesses are not pulling in as much $$$ from the lower volume of snowmobile traffic.
Chazac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #53 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazac19 View Post
I understand the sentiment but I can assure you that business owners are NOT going to be happy when their Winter businesses are not pulling in as much $$$ from the lower volume of snowmobile traffic.
Granted nh isn't quebec, but when quebec raised its sled registration fee's tenfold over the years, it didn't hurt them from what i could tell. As long as the snow is on the ground i'd not worry.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Renegade Adrenaline 850
Previous Sled(s): Renegade Adrenaline 600, Yamaha SRX 700
Favorite Riding Area: Coos County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazac19 View Post
Valid point, on the surface, but a better way for any business to view their business is by what value and differentiators they offer that separates them from their competition for the TAM they are chasing and what is that business doing to capture that TAM?
What's your fair share of the business? The correct answer is all of it. Not 10%, 25%, 50% - the answer is all of it.
I never want to see businesses close but the excuse that my base left the geography is just that, an excuse. Would I like to see my registration fees go down by $10/sled? Sure. Is it more likely over time they will go up by $10/sled? Yes, where can I place my bet on that wager? That's easy money and an expectation.
We all have to follow "the rules of the game" as they are laid out in front of us and change/evolve over time. Business plans are made and business plans are changed. "Business plans are jagged lines" was great advice given to me once and it is still sound advice. No business owner weeps when their direct competition closes, they just take their customers or more likely already took them and hastened their competitors closure.

Go get 'em tiger and let your competition be unhappy if they aren't happy with the winter revenue they get. Let them blame it on the state (and you can tell them they are right even though you took their base right out from under them) instead of the business owner taking any responsibility for their business.

Yes it sounds cold and no I don't want my neighbors business to close, no I don't want my favorite restaurant/store/shop to close but everyone has to deal with the cards they are dealt and then make plans based on those cards.

Last edited by Yamdoo; 08-14-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Yamdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 07 Crossfire 800 141 track
Previous Sled(s): 02 800 Pantera,03 RX1,03F7,06 Crossfire 700, 08 Crossfire 10
Favorite Riding Area: Where ever theres snow

Lets look at it this way. Boston to Lebanon Maine, where i see some state trails starting is 90 miles. Now, Boston to Rochester NH, 80 miles. But, and i don't know, is it further to ride trails like Groveton, Twin Mt, Pittsburg and the such? Is it closer to jump across the border if you live in Worcester than going to Maine? Also, everytime there is a "corner cutter" it's a Masshole, is what i read. If it's off trail, it's a flat lander. If they don't register here, who ya going to blame? Guess time will tell
gun maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:20 AM   #56 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 700 Sabercat ext, 05 ZL 570
Previous Sled(s): 69 Moto Ski, 96 Cougar, 02 ZL 800
Favorite Riding Area: Vermont
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun maker View Post
Lets look at it this way. Boston to Lebanon Maine, where i see some state trails starting is 90 miles. Now, Boston to Rochester NH, 80 miles. But, and i don't know, is it further to ride trails like Groveton, Twin Mt, Pittsburg and the such? Is it closer to jump across the border if you live in Worcester than going to Maine? Also, everytime there is a "corner cutter" it's a Masshole, is what i read. If it's off trail, it's a flat lander. If they don't register here, who ya going to blame? Guess time will tell
When I first read your quote I wasn't sure how to feel about it and the terms "Masshole" and "Flatlander" to me anyway, isn't offensive but harmless. My family comes from VT. and is one of the most recognizable families in the state but, because I was born in CT. my own family considers me a Flatlander, and now due to a work transfer I am a Masshole. Thats fine, I just hope we are not all painted with such a broad brush. I have been riding for almost 50 years and my first machine was a 69 Moto Ski that seemed to always run better in August than Feb. And riding ten miles was an all day affair. My point is I ride because I love it, I dont use it as an excuse to get away from the wife and kids , get drunk and tear up the trails every weekend. Nor am I part of the never ending caravan of rigs heading north every weekend. I dont ride as much as I like and I am happy with my fifteen year old Cat's. I would probably try to ride no matter how high the cost was. I just wish that you could register your machine in your state of residence like a car and pay a fee to the state you wanted to ride in without each state having there own reg. laws. A flat fee for Reg and a flat fee for the privilege to ride in the state of your choice, no more reciprocity nonsense. I think that would definitely increase rider ship. I have also been actively looking for land in NH or Vt that would allow for trail access or a continuation of a trail that hasn't been allowed due to current owner restrictions, but no luck as of yet.
NE Snowdog likes this.
rmo5095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #57 (permalink)
Advanced Member

rmo I started riding in 74 on A 69 Moto Ski an it's been my passion to this day.
rmo5095 likes this.
BrianL57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:51 AM   #58 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL57 View Post
rmo I started riding in 74 on A 69 Moto Ski an it's been my passion to this day.
Mine was a capri, then graduated to a 66 Ski Daddler!!
Old 08-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 07 Crossfire 800 141 track
Previous Sled(s): 02 800 Pantera,03 RX1,03F7,06 Crossfire 700, 08 Crossfire 10
Favorite Riding Area: Where ever theres snow

RMO, what about a mobile home park? Town water and sewer, ride from the house summer and winter. Those terms i don't use. People are people, besides, i'm from the deserts of Calif so you can start the name calling there.

Last edited by gun maker; 08-28-2019 at 10:49 AM.
gun maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:52 AM   #60 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun maker View Post
RMO, what about a mobile home park? Town water and sewer, ride from the house summer and winter. Those terms i don't use. People are people, besides, i'm from the deserts of Calif so you can start the name calling there.
I thought about that but really looking for 30 - 40 acres open space, dont want an estate just a little camp and a couple lots for my Daughters in the future , NO subdivision. You are right, there are bad people everywhere, desert in CA. ? I was in 29 palms for a couple years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement