Out of State Snowmobilers Asked to Stay Home - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Maine This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

In general people make decisions based on emotions rather than logic. Most people heading to vacation spots rarely if ever have to use the local medical facilities so most have no idea just now ill equipped they are to handle even one emergency let alone a few hundred or thousand.

Anyone with a logical brain knows that when faced with a possible need for state of the art medical attention you don't drive away from that resource but rather stay as close to it as you can. But again, people are generally illogical and irrational thinkers.
jdskycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 AC 800 RR Green
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Rangeley and La Malbaie,Quebec
19-20 Mileage: 800 +-
18-19 Mileage: 1200+-
Riding Since: 1969

Why do you all think that as soon as you touch someone else or touch something they touch you are all going to die within 7 to 10 days? Come on man ... talk about illogical and irrational thinkers! You're more likely, at this time, to die from driving a car than from Coronavirus!
Chazac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Skidoo2 View Post
Perhaps after this virus clears up all out of state people should stay home for the following year.
Let us see how the state of Maine handles that!!!
Wow! I can think of one out of state person that should stay home 😞
Tommcat and airmousam like this.
givasum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2020, 06:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Polaris 800 SBA
Previous Sled(s): 2006 Polaris 600 Fusion
Favorite Riding Area: Rangeley/County
Riding Since: 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazac19 View Post
Why do you all think that as soon as you touch someone else or touch something they touch you are all going to die within 7 to 10 days? Come on man ... talk about illogical and irrational thinkers! You're more likely, at this time, to die from driving a car than from Coronavirus!

Tell us more doctor
airmousam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 SideWinder LTX-LE!!, 07 Attak GT
Previous Sled(s): 97 SX7, sunk 06 ApexGT
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec, Maine
19-20 Mileage: 766
18-19 Mileage: 1100!
17-18 Mileage: 890. More than last year!
16-17 Mileage: 701
Riding Since: 1987

Ahem. I flew to Maine 3x this season and last season to snowmobile. I'm not offended either. Can't wait for next season starting with flying to Grizzly Lodge, provided this has settled down enough by then.
badgoat likes this.
actionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Calm down folks. Maybe 2 - 3 weeks left in county. Sucks. Let’s call it a season. Get boats, golf courses, atv trails and fishing gear ready to go. Pretty sure We can do those activities while social distancing. All of you be safe!!!!!
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Favorite Riding Area: where there is snow
Riding Since: 71

Perhaps some of the inconsiderate people are the same ones that can’t obey rules of the trails

Just saying it’s the end of the season and as a construction worker on a major job being called essential I would not go up now as much as I would like to
sk67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 800 iqr,13 800 sb,fusion 900 triple
Previous Sled(s): pro-x/xcr 800 engine,xc 800 triple,storms,ultras,650s,
Favorite Riding Area: western U.P/northern WI
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazac19 View Post
The list of things that you are more likely to die from is pretty lengthy.
sleeping_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 AC 800 RR Green
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Rangeley and La Malbaie,Quebec
19-20 Mileage: 800 +-
18-19 Mileage: 1200+-
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping_dragon View Post
The list of things that you are more likely to die from is pretty lengthy.
..... which is my point. We're not shutting down the world to avoid those are we? As for the reference to 'oh well, it's only a few more weeks anyway' ... well, what happens when they continue the 'shelter in place' decree during the Summer? What are you going to do next Fall/Winter when the second strain of Covid-19 mutates and starts to affect people (I hope they develop a vaccine by then).

As of today there are 155 cases of Covid-19 in the State of Maine ..... and there are 21, 459 initial claims for unemployment (due to the shutdown).

The fallout from this forced unemployment and forced recession with all the bad things that are going to happen from that (bankruptcy, mental health issues, homelessness, disease from NO HEALTHCARE because you cannot afford insurance or you are no longer covered because you are unemployed, suicide, etc.) will be more harmful than a Flu that has a 99% recovery rate.

No I am not a doctor but I do deal with healthcare facilities in my profession and I'll tell you what ... hospitals can go bankrupt too when they don't have a good Census or cannot perform procedures that gain the hospital $$$. My wife is a nurse and her hospital has basically cleared the building of all non-essential cases and pushed out all procedures that can be moved out. As of yesterday they have NO Covid-19 patients and NO $$$ coming in. So what are they doing? Sending nurses and personnel home WITHOUT PAY *and* to top it off the head of the hospital told 'the girls' to make appropriate plans for the Summer because they will be performing all the pushed out procedures INCLUDING Saturdays to make up for it.
Chazac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 300

This is nothing new, all you flatlanders should have always stayed home.
PMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement