HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Maine (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/276-maine/)
-   -   Tim Pond Rd & Lincoln Pond Rd (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/276-maine/1865470-tim-pond-rd-lincoln-pond-rd.html)

kaldog 01-05-2020 11:12 AM

Tim Pond Rd & Lincoln Pond Rd

Curiuos to learn what is open and what is closed this year. From 84 N is there access to Tim Pond Rd?

eastmark 01-05-2020 03:50 PM

None. Both closed at least for a while. Logging...and wardens are said to be patrolling it.

Its a bummer since it is a game changer for Rangeley....but the logging companies hold all the cards. People riding where they shouldn't and parking where they were asked not to last season closed trails already there this season.

kaldog 01-05-2020 05:31 PM

Yup that is a bummer. I don't understand why people would trailer out there, park their rigs and jam everything up.

Superair 01-05-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaldog (Post 20340386)
Yup that is a bummer. I don't understand why people would trailer out there, park their rigs and jam everything up.

Because its easier for them to get in and out of the back country, and they don't give a fuck about the rules. Rangeley is one of the few clubs in Maine that actually promotes off trail riding, its too bad people couldn't be responsible enough to not screw it up.

jshiddy112 01-06-2020 09:54 AM

are there any signs on the road that say no parking?

eastmark 01-06-2020 10:08 AM

It is privately owned by the lumber company so I dont recall.

You mean like No Trespassing signs ? Thankfully none of those yet that I have seen passing across there.

twinpipe 01-06-2020 11:59 AM

I CLEARLY saw NO PARKING signs on the Morton Cutoff 2 weeks ago and both my reading and eyesight are limited.

Superair 01-06-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastmark (Post 20341186)
It is privately owned by the lumber company so I dont recall.

And Thatís all anyone needs to know. It doesnít need to be posted ď no parkingĒ because Itís private land. Back before everyone and their brother was riding backcountry it was ďunderstoodĒ that if you were in those areas you shoveled your own spot to park off the side of the road and didnít ride on the plowed roads and it wasnít a problem. Itís not an off trail problem, itís not a long track problem, and itís not a tourist problem. Itís an entitlement problem. 3/4 of the people riding out there never contribute anything in return to the clubs in that area. If they had, they would have known this was an issue and done something before it was too late. Theyíve been warning people up there for a few years that this was going to happen if people kept doing it. Itís no different than the trail burners showing up in town to ride before the trails open, which was another issue in that area earlier this year and itís no different than ripping aimlessly across someoneís field that is clearly marked with stakes for snowmobile travel. Entitlement and greed will ruin this sport long before Fatbikes and tree huggers ever do.

eastmark 01-06-2020 07:41 PM

Amen

jshiddy112 01-08-2020 10:41 AM

so if there is a plowed road out in the middle of nowhere with no signage on it then people are just supposed to know not to park?

where i come from if parking is not allowed there is a sign telling that. no signs its fair game but don't block the road or park in a sketchy spot around a corner or over a hill