Oqquossic - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Maine This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eastmark
  • 1 Post By eastmark

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2020, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default Oqquossic

Anyine know....what did they get from this overnite ?
eastmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Bosebuck cam shows a few inches this morning...
Old 01-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
cfm
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 900 Fuse-10,800miles and going / 06 600HO M10
Riding Since: 3 BC

Just asked family there riding. They say 3-4” last night.
PPP Charter Member #2

-"Your motor will tell you what it wants. Are you listening ?" - Darin Morgan
- "Look at the way they flew in the slew. Hats off to you. Woopy Doo!" - ICEMANJOE

Last edited by cfm; 01-05-2020 at 09:24 AM.
cfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Enough window dressing to make a decent Bosebuck run at least....til the real snow comes !
Old 01-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

So we drove out and hour and a half to Oqquossic to hit Bosebuck for lunch. Figured Id try 17 thru Height Of Land instead of the normal Route 4 farmington route since 17 was worked on last summer. Mistake #1. I know better.

Found and parked at the new parking spot out behind the new Koobs. Nice enough. Koobs new station looks awesome. Lots of snow. Snowed steady the whole time we were there and when we were leaving.

Unloaded...shot up the trails out back by the public bathrooms up to Koobs...hit the intown behind the dealership to the rail bed....early season shitty as expected...but no worse than normal...it gets pounded.

Hit the rail....not too bad for the first 2-3 miles..some mid size bumps...low traffic....then pure trash. Forced myself to ride 3-4 miles to see if a groomer had passed at the end of the rail in the Bosebuck or Rangeley direction...nothing. Turned around and beat myself hard..... and headed back and loaded the sleds up...went to Bald Mountain Camps in the truck for a Bloody Mary. Bought some RLSC raffle tix (already have my membership) and the Bloody was great. Love BMC.

Driving out to sled I feared there may not be enough snow. Plenty of snow in this area....huge woops on the railbed though. Huge. Consistent. Painful. Unusual. It happens.

Everyone I asked on the trail said all directions were terrible this morning. One guy and his wife said Pittsburg area was the last good trail he had seen. One girl said 2 days ago it was good toward Bosebuck but was beat now. So.... Real rough now as of late Sunday morning. Oh well. At least I wasnt traveling further or paying for lodging. Could have been worse. 11.3 mile ride total. Part of snowmobiling. Will change quickly now this time of year.

Didnt help we had the pleasure of riding Quebec 2 days over 300 miles last week on great trails Im sure..spoiled...cant ride next weekend so we will see what the following week brings. Keep the reports coming !
NE Snowdog likes this.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Pol IQR 600; '03 ProX 6; '07 XC5; 01 Indy 5
Previous Sled(s): '98 XC 6; '95 XLT; '76 Doo RV
Favorite Riding Area: Area 51 (Western Maine)
Riding Since: 1978

eastmark, yesterday we parked in the same lot as you did. One of the guys I was with had a bronze GMC truck, and the other had a blue Toyota Tundra. If you saw a dark blue Assault, a white Assault, and a blue Yamaha Viper on the trails, that was us. (If you were in the group of three that got stuck behind us on a narrow trail to Rangeley, I apologize. The Yamaha in our group was in the process of blowing a belt, so we had to limp it to the Cat dealer in town to get a new one.)

Your report captures the Sunday conditions accurately. Prior to Sunday, the trails were really good. The only perfect stretch we encountered yesterday, however, was from Cabin 14 to the New Hampshire border. Still, we managed to ride for 110 miles.

Route 4 from Farmington is good. There is one short section that is being worked on near Small's Falls, but no road construction was happening when we drove through.

<edit>
I just noticed that you said you rode 11 miles. You probably did not see us.

Last edited by caddisfly; 01-06-2020 at 09:13 PM.
caddisfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

You earned those 110 miles Sunday ! I give you credit. That rail bed was tough.
caddisfly likes this.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): XRS800R
Previous Sled(s): 2002 Mxz 700
Riding Since: 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmark View Post
So we drove out and hour and a half to Oqquossic to hit Bosebuck for lunch. Figured Id try 17 thru Height Of Land instead of the normal Route 4 farmington route since 17 was worked on last summer. Mistake #1. I know better.

Found and parked at the new parking spot out behind the new Koobs. Nice enough. Koobs new station looks awesome. Lots of snow. Snowed steady the whole time we were there and when we were leaving.

Unloaded...shot up the trails out back by the public bathrooms up to Koobs...hit the intown behind the dealership to the rail bed....early season shitty as expected...but no worse than normal...it gets pounded.

Hit the rail....not too bad for the first 2-3 miles..some mid size bumps...low traffic....then pure trash. Forced myself to ride 3-4 miles to see if a groomer had passed at the end of the rail in the Bosebuck or Rangeley direction...nothing. Turned around and beat myself hard..... and headed back and loaded the sleds up...went to Bald Mountain Camps in the truck for a Bloody Mary. Bought some RLSC raffle tix (already have my membership) and the Bloody was great. Love BMC.

Driving out to sled I feared there may not be enough snow. Plenty of snow in this area....huge woops on the railbed though. Huge. Consistent. Painful. Unusual. It happens.

Everyone I asked on the trail said all directions were terrible this morning. One guy and his wife said Pittsburg area was the last good trail he had seen. One girl said 2 days ago it was good toward Bosebuck but was beat now. So.... Real rough now as of late Sunday morning. Oh well. At least I wasnt traveling further or paying for lodging. Could have been worse. 11.3 mile ride total. Part of snowmobiling. Will change quickly now this time of year.

Didnt help we had the pleasure of riding Quebec 2 days over 300 miles last week on great trails Im sure..spoiled...cant ride next weekend so we will see what the following week brings. Keep the reports coming !
Much appreciated Eastmark
NE Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement