Quebec trail pass online only - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Quebec This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Boom2
  • 1 Post By Boom2
  • 1 Post By jt87

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XF 800 High Country Lt 2011 Z1 turbo LTD
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3800
17-18 Mileage: 2600
16-17 Mileage: 2400
Riding Since: 66
Default Quebec trail pass online only

Time to purchase Quebec trail pass at early bird pricing. We are similar to Ontario now and it's very straight forward to get your new membership. Just go to FCMQ site and click on purchase trail pass and have your sled info and credit card in hand. New this year is having to choose the club you want to support. This is very important as this is what designates which club gets a portion of your membership for financial support. Early bird is $330 and you have the option of priority shipping. Our club is number 780 Pontiac Snowmobile Drivers Association if you have no preference we would appreciate any support we get. Hers a pic of the rates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	2059652  
XRSTURBO likes this.
Boom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Don't forget to buy early.
XRSTURBO likes this.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Riding Since: 1861

Love the trails n feel same about the peeps I've come into contact with however, tired of being harassed to death about my custom Ontario registration numbers by Que Police. Never a problem with trail patrol, always a police officer who insists I need the original Ont Reg numbers / tag affixed to the sled. Yes my custom numbers are exactly where they should be, sized to legal spec and easy to read. Further to that, always pleasant and co operative n have all paperwork, ditto for riders I was out with who encountered same issue.
Sent an email to the Quebec Federation, never a reply.
zr sled head is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Polaris
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: SNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr sled head View Post
Love the trails n feel same about the peeps I've come into contact with however, tired of being harassed to death about my custom Ontario registration numbers by Que Police. Never a problem with trail patrol, always a police officer who insists I need the original Ont Reg numbers / tag affixed to the sled. Yes my custom numbers are exactly where they should be, sized to legal spec and easy to read. Further to that, always pleasant and co operative n have all paperwork, ditto for riders I was out with who encountered same issue.
Sent an email to the Quebec Federation, never a reply.
X2 on everything you've said, sick of being held up for 15 mins or more due to custom numbers.

Sick of the harassment, try and stay pleasant with them but its really frustrating.
jt87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Riding Since: 1861

Last time stopped, he further insisted it would need to be stuck to the tunnel and custom numbers removed. Previous stop, was with other riders, this time arrived afternoon ahead of others coming that evening and doing a loop by myself out of Mt Laurier. Mid way through the stop, told it's at his discretion if my sled would be removed from the trail and towed because of the illegal registration numbers. My take, he was trying to see how hard he could push before I'd go offside n tell him off. Never wavered from being polite and finally sent on my way several minutes later but only after a "stern warning" (his description).
Good grief, if this is how he treats a 60+ rider who is 100% legit, doing nothing wrong, being uber polite and has all their paperwork in order, can you imagine if he stopped a younger person or someone actually doing something wrong?
Just as disappointed in no reply from the Quebec Federation after sending a polite note about both instances.
I've also seen other Ontario riders post about similar experiences. Thankfully, trail patrol peeps have been nothing but pleasant and enjoyable to chit chat with.
zr sled head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

I can understand your frustration and appreciate the nice mention for the Volunteer Pattrollers being curtious. What gets me is allowing Quebecers to mount their plate anywhere they feel? What good is a plate on a rear flap that's covered with snow 80% of the time? Yet they pick on people for really stupid stuff. Wtf

I'm only a volunteer.
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Polaris
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: SNOW

Last year we were stopped for lunch 4 of us. We saw the police sitting and waiting, all have permits all have OEM exhausts, etc. We were stopped for close to half hour while they called their office to check all of our vin. Numbers. Talk about frustrating, then they started on the custom numbers, mine are on my side panels but they match my ownership. Passed trail patrol later on in the week and much better experience. Tip of the helmet!!
zr sled head likes this.
jt87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 ZR 9000 LTD iACT 137"
Talking Focus Realignment

The police should really realign their focus on sled thefts and prevention rather than very vague registration number guidelines, especially out of province sleds since their really isn't a push in Ontario to enforce custom numbers.
This really puts a sour taste on out of province visitors , just like Quebec plates on cars aren't required in the front of the vehicle, try that in Ontario !!..... Never see a OPP or local police pulling a Quebec car for no front plate ????
Just a nasty cash grab for Quebec police , a good way to boost Quebec tourism..... with very high property thefts in Quebec with no interest in prevention, the police services decide to perch and enforce out of province custom registrations numbers !!!! What a mandate , the Quebec police really know what to chase and enforce !!!! Brilliant ....
Just a logical rant for myself.
Cheers ..... Great work by all trail patrol and volunteers for the FCMQ, very impressive trail system though.

Last edited by NO1B4ME; Yesterday at 07:22 PM.
NO1B4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Being from Quebec and seeing first hand all that goes on. One thing I see is that actual snowmobile police on sleds out on the trails tend to be much easier on simple things. They tend to focus more on sled safety and modifications like exhaust, mirrors, lights, etc. On the other hand police in cruisers are extremely picky and in your face for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement