Ottawa Valley Trails And Such - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ontario This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 Viper
Previous Sled(s): apex ,mxz 500
Favorite Riding Area: parts unknown
19-20 Mileage: 800km
18-19 Mileage: 3000km
17-18 Mileage: 2000km
16-17 Mileage: 2500km
Riding Since: 1980
Default Ottawa Valley Trails And Such

Thought i would start a thread for all us sled addicts that run the areas west of Ottawa and up the river.
Post your ride reviews and tell everybody your favorite trails to run and conditions.
Bitch about the weather but keep it on the positive. Post pic's of your favorite spot in the Valley.Got questions, ask here. Maybe a local can answer.

cheers all
buck wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XF 800 High Country Lt 2011 Z1 turbo LTD
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3800
17-18 Mileage: 2600
16-17 Mileage: 2400
Riding Since: 66

Ok I'll start. Crossed on the tree line at Braeside and took the I believe it's the A trail through Arnprior on Saturday. Kinda cool going through town like that and stooped and chatted with a few guys I know for years at the Madwaska Bridge. Handy spot for food and fuel at PJ's with gas next door. Trail was very riplly but with the amount of traffic I met I'm not surprised. Planned on doing the Kinburn to Constance Bay loop to cross back at the tree lines but left it for another day hoping for less traffic and a little smoother surface. Very nice setup with only one block to ride to get from one rail line to the other at Division Street in town. The other rail line to Renfrew was much smoother. Guess everyone is trying the river rail line through Braeside being new this year. Great spot a lot of us Quebeckers like is White Water Brewing in Cobden. It's also very handy with the new interprovincial bridge crossing back to Quebec. Always stop at Annie's Gas Bar in Forsters Falls for fuel before I cross back. We will have more dual province riders next year lots going to buy Ontario Permit for next year. It opens up a lot more interesting territory close to home.
Boom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 A/C TZ1 Turbo
Favorite Riding Area: Lanark Highlands
Riding Since: 1975

I'll go first!

Took 8hrs to do 41km today at a top speed of 12kph on Beast 306 and a portion of 308....but that's the high speed day of the groomer operator!
Stopped counting sleds after 16 or so, I guess folks are chomping at the bit? Saw two of them close up and watched their eyeballs go wide as they crested the hill I was climbing.

Got mad when I saw fresh tracks from two sleds on a farmers field, off trail that was well signed with "winter wheat, stay on trail". If you see your buddy ignore any of these "request" signs, go to give him a high five, but instead, punch him in the throat. These assholes are going to get trails closed. I know if I was a landowner, I likely wouldn't sign over permission for any sledders to use my property...people are dicks. Kinda like the guys who give me thumbs up as we pass each other, and then mash the throttle and trench up the freshly groomed trail. I'd like to say it's stupid kids.....but it ain't.

Other that that episode, the rest of the day was great! Met the WCSTA groomer at our link, and had a nice chat. Saw lots of wildlife, and had no breakdowns, and only got stuck once, and had to get out and cut trees/limbs only a few times!

We are working on getting the 308 opened up end to end, which is Clayton to the bottom of Three Mile Bay on WhiteLake. It's always a tricky trail, with lots of water and lots of rock. It's likely the nicest trail in our entire system, so get out and give it a go....even if if it isn't completely groomed end to end. This Saturday there will be a bunch of action on that trail, and we're hoping to get it all good to go for the groomer to pass. Only question mark at this point will be the ice thickness on two water crossings up there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5432.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	2041428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5427.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	2041430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5426.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	2041432  
Cheallaigh likes this.
toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2019, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

anyone running the K and P trails
how are there snow conditions?
been a while since I've run that direction.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 A/C TZ1 Turbo
Favorite Riding Area: Lanark Highlands
Riding Since: 1975

I've noticed they just turned yellow.
Last Tuesday and Friday I did the e104a to the ultramar on 511. Tuesday run I found the snow really thin the closer I got to 511. Friday I had to turn around about an hour before getting there. After the wet day on thursday, it was icy and hard. They definitely did not get the previous snow that we got around here.
I'm heading there in the groomer tomorrow and can report......hope they got the 12-15 we got here this morning.
toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

anyone know whats happening on white lake.
i see the lake trails are all red.

it should have lots of ice?
Lack of volunteers to picket?

any info would b great
Old 01-30-2019, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): MXZ 850 Black 2020
Favorite Riding Area: Missing Link
Riding Since: 1970

Mountain Trailblazers Sweet Heart Poker Rally Saturday February 9th. Registrationat the Mountain Club House starting at 10:00AM return by 4:30PM approximately 110 Kilometers. Breakfast will beserved starting at 8:30AM for a cost of $ 5.00. Rally cost is $ 10.00 proceeds go to trailimprovements. Prizes for best pocker hand and 50/50 draw.

jeffgrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Two 15 Axys 8 switch, 12 Adv 6, 90 Sport
Previous Sled(s): Lots of 600 Poo's
Favorite Riding Area: Out of the garage

Toe will likely chime in, but we know Wes from Cedar Cove and local voln. Steve R spent last weekend on the 308 trail by sled cutting trees, along with the BEAST pres. Those 2 are probably the same locals that picket the lk??? If there is effort to get the 308 open, I have to imagine lake pickets are in the plan.

Similar question for 101 trail through White Lk village itself.. why red? May want to use it this Friday. Can hop on the lake easy enough though I suppose as an alternative.

Boom - is there a side trail to White Water Brewing in Cobden? Nothing on the map I c.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
largedaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

looks like Kennelley Mountain Hill Cross
is this weekend Feb 2nd. Near Calabogie
If you check the Calabogie facebook page there is info on classes and registration.
Looks like you can get there by sled of the MDX trail.

This is a different event than the one the ski hill has been having
Old 01-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XF 800 High Country Lt 2011 Z1 turbo LTD
Previous Sled(s): Too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 3800
17-18 Mileage: 2600
16-17 Mileage: 2400
Riding Since: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by largedaryl View Post
Toe will likely chime in, but we know Wes from Cedar Cove and local voln. Steve R spent last weekend on the 308 trail by sled cutting trees, along with the BEAST pres. Those 2 are probably the same locals that picket the lk??? If there is effort to get the 308 open, I have to imagine lake pickets are in the plan.

Similar question for 101 trail through White Lk village itself.. why red? May want to use it this Friday. Can hop on the lake easy enough though I suppose as an alternative.

Boom - is there a side trail to White Water Brewing in Cobden? Nothing on the map I c.
We take A trail to Cobden at the fairgrounds take single trail to the lake run Lake up to Wallace Rd. It's well travelled so not hard to follow.
Boom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement