Northern Lights - Gillam MB, Jan 17, 2013 - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Manitoba This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Hartman-52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,171
Current Sled(s): 2016 Renegade 1200 & 2011 Renegade X 1200
Previous Sled(s): Many Ski Doo's and a few Polarski's
Location: Stony "Mountain", MB
Favorite Riding Area: Belair Forest areas
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 415
16-17 Mileage: 1,652
Age: 99
Riding Since: 1970
Default

Stunning video! Interesting that they light show stayed a consistent color green. Did it change to other colors over the course of the evening?
__________________
Four strokes ....leaving smokey stinky poo oil burners in the haze.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hartman-52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,175
Location: winnipeg
Default

absolulete great show, Thanks
__________________
90% of all Ford trucks are still on the road today.
The other 10% made it home.
Xc Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Polarissledder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,487
Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 155, 2009 Switchback 600
Previous Sled(s): Indy 500 Classic, 1977 Scorpion Range Whip, 1970 JDX4
Location: Winterpeg
Favorite Riding Area: Manitoba Escarpment
Age: 40
Riding Since: 1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartman-52 View Post
Stunning video! Interesting that they light show stayed a consistent color green. Did it change to other colors over the course of the evening?

Green is the color of Oxygen ionizing.... you also get blues and purple spikes if you're lucky...

http://www.teamwrp.com/wp-content/ga.../mg_8544-2.jpg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." -Douglas Bader

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing responsibly could do.
Polarissledder is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
low-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 927
Location: Gillam
Default

Yep. Greens are far and away most common. Reds are also oxygen, but at higher altitudes. Blues and purples are nitrogen. A good friend has a really good write up... The Aurora Borealis (The Northern Lights) – Everything you need to know | Natalia Robba's Blog

The lights that night were very camera friendly... Didn't move too far along the horizon and stayed relatively consistent with brightness.
low-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
toban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,064
Current Sled(s): 2003 Polaris 700 Classic
Previous Sled(s): 1978 Kawasaki 440 Invader
Location: Winnipeg
Favorite Riding Area: Kenora, Ontario
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1257
Age: 73
Riding Since: 1960
Default

Beautiful. Mother Nature's streaming at it's best.
__________________
When driving on an icy road 98% of Ontario drivers usually say "Holy Shit" when spinning out of control as they go into the ditch. The other 2% live in Northwestern Ontario and say "Hold my beer and watch this".
toban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.