Trackshare done - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Manitoba This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 IQr, (2) 2008 IQrr, 03 pro-x600
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Even the best userbase imaginable can't make the format stop sucking. Ever tried to search for something you saw 2 days ago on an active FB group? It's fucking gone. Unless it gets archived in a "files" or similar folder, it's just a mess. So unless you are taking part in a conversation live, that knowledge just disappears down the rabbit hole forever.

Very easy, use the search function in the FB group. Depending on who and how the group was set up originally, it my not be set up with a search function. (discussion group vs for sale group) Another reason it may not be there is the topic may have been not to group rules, and was deleted. Also if was a sale ad, it may have been sold and deleted. I delete sold ads on my groups instead of leaving them marked as sold. Oh, and when searching a FB group you must pick from for sale ad, or discussion. It searches for sale ads by default. So if your searching for something talked about. It might not hit on the discussion.

FB in general is a pain if you are just scrolling on your home page. I does get real frustrating if you click someone's post, but see another as you are clicking. Odds are when you go back it will be difficult to find the other interesting post.

The groups if set up correctly, and administered correctly, can be a very enjoyable place to buy and learn. It must be....because the old "go to" places here are a ghost town now, compared to the FB groups.

Last edited by dodger; 06-12-2019 at 01:07 PM.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Renegade 1200 & 2011 Renegade X 1200
Previous Sled(s): Many Ski Doo's and a few Polarski's
Favorite Riding Area: Belair Forest areas
18-19 Mileage 415
16-17 Mileage: 1,652
15-16 Mileage: 1,163
Riding Since: 1970

Trackshare website was down and is officially dead. RIP.

The Silverback likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement