Brereton Lake Resort - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Manitoba This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 94 Polaris Indy Sport 440
Previous Sled(s): 05 POLARIS XCSP 500,93 INDY TRAIL 500, 78 KAWASAKI INTRUDER
Favorite Riding Area: Whiteshell/Woodridge
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 300
Riding Since: 2007

Since we seem to be reviving this old thread, and everyone likely has a bit more time for reading these days, I'll share my Greg story.

I have booked a cabin for a winter weekend at Brereton Lake Resort twice over the last couple years, both times got a cabin with a hot tub, and both times we arrived at the cabin to find a cold hot tub. The first time we were told by Greg that they don't keep the hot tubs heated during the week and they must have forgotten to turn ours back on before we arrived. The second time (after I confirmed when booking that the hot tub should be ready to use when we arrived) Greg explained that he "told the girl to turn it on, but she must have forgotten."

The second time Greg did offer us something to make up for the lost hot tub time, a free yellow onion, seriously. When we tried to buy an onion from the kitchen and asked about checking out two hours late (no booking after ours) at the same time, he offered the onion for free to make up for the hot tub and charged us $20 for the two extra hours. I offered to pay for the onion and take the two extra hours free to make up for the time we lost trying to fix the hot tub, but he stuck to his original offer.

Moral of the story, if you're renting a cabin with a hot tub, call when you're leaving the city and get Greg to confirm that the hot tub is on and the cabin is ready for you.
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris XCR 850, 18 Arctic Cat 6000R-XC
Previous Sled(s): 09 Yamaha RTX SE, Polaris Axys 800 ,XCR440,500SP, 650.
Favorite Riding Area: Whiteshell
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1500
Riding Since: 69

Hoping that in these uneasy times that Mom and Pop operations survive especially in the food industry.

I know for myself whenever I have gone to the restaurant there has been no issues. In fact this last February during the derby I was there with my sister from Alberta and she was amazed that these types of facilities exist on the trails. And that the trails were as good as they were with minimal snow.The place was packed and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I am sure that the business has it's challenges with the last few "no snow winters"
The internet can make or break an establishment.
Hoping that Greg keeps doing what he does for many more years to come as they are far and few between in the Whiteshell.
landscape88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

You're right, in these uneasy times we all hope that "ma and pop" operations survive, but one bad review is worth 50 good reviews. If Greg treats 1 customer bad, that's the one who posts. No matter if it's a good day or not, he has to treat people with respect. End of story!
pistons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 viper ltx
Previous Sled(s): Mach z,xc700,xc600
Favorite Riding Area: Northern manitoba
Riding Since: 1989

Wow this guy sounds like a real treat.will make sure I avoid this place.
karmaexists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): Pro ride Pro R 600
Previous Sled(s): Pro ride Adventure 600
Favorite Riding Area: South Whiteshell
Riding Since: 1993

No complaints from my last visit - good food.
Giantrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 MXZ-X 600R ETEC
Previous Sled(s): 2014 MXZX 1200, 2 Shitty Yamalemons, 2009 XP, 2 - Indy 500's
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1440
Riding Since: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistons View Post
You're right, in these uneasy times we all hope that "ma and pop" operations survive, but one bad review is worth 50 good reviews. If Greg treats 1 customer bad, that's the one who posts. No matter if it's a good day or not, he has to treat people with respect. End of story!
Only 1 bad review really isn’t a big deal. A pattern is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never again!
isthatahemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

Yep, and that one bad review reminds and provokes people to give their bad reviews, and voila, the pattern.
pistons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Manitoba,Ontario,BC
19-20 Mileage: 1294
18-19 Mileage: 2459
17-18 Mileage: 2800
16-17 Mileage: 2900

the guy was super nice to me an my buddies , but we just got gas in an out , eat at nopiming lodge or drifters
lil_fast_yammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement