2021 7s display and trailtech voyager pro - HCS Snowmobile Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2020 Polaris 850 Assault
Previous Sled(s): 1999 Arctic Cat ZR440 SnoPro
Favorite Riding Area: Forest Lakes Arizona
Riding Since: 1981
Default 2021 7s display and trailtech voyager pro

Really like what I see on the new Matryx platform particularly the 7S display and the group ride feature. Looking at snowchecking a 2021 Assault Matryx but current sled I have is a 2020 Assault 850 with the standard gauge. Thought about ordering a PIDD gauge , did some research and found that the Polaris ride command group ride feature does not work on the PIDD. Hoping that maybe Polaris has done an update since their new 7S will have that feature. But, in the meantime, I called Trailtech and spoke with Angela. She looked into it and advised me that their Trailtech Voyager pro will work with the 2021 Polaris ride command group ride feature and that no additional modules or accessories will be needed to work with the new gauge, thus this will be via V2V which should be an RF signal, thus resulting in a varying range of .5 miles or greater, depending on obstructions to the signal. Hoping that by next season Polaris gets the PIDD to work with the ride command group ride, then I would just buy a PIDD, but if not, looks like the next best thing will be to link up with the Trailtech Voyager Pro.

With the new 7s display, I normally ride with my Wife and friend, so once I get a new sled, I will be the only one with 7s display and thus I can keep track of my Wife and friend. But that is limited: If my Wife and friend have their cell phone on, with Polaris ride command app installed, AND they have cell coverage, then we can each see one another. However, without cell coverage, in GPS mode, you can only see yourself only on your own display, whether that be phone or 7s. I just turned off cell data on both mine and Wifes phone and walked with both phones down the street. In GPS mode, I was able to see each my tracking on my phone, but could not see my Wifes tracking on my phone and vise versa. So, I am making the assumption that the 7s will not track others in the group unless they have cell coverage, or others have the 7s gauge, or if others in the group have the TrailTech Voyager pro. If this is the case, that is a real dissapointment as cell coverage is limited anywhere I ride and V2V is an RF signal and provides limited range. I called Polaris ride command and they did not have any information available yet as to how the system works.

Last edited by 850Assault; 03-29-2020 at 01:58 PM.
850Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): Mxz-x 850
Favorite Riding Area: UP/ Northern Wisco

There’s been a lot of ?’s on here recently around the new 7s and its capabilities. I’m a bit miffed that they don’t have turn by turn capabilities unless you draw it up in ride command app and then transfer to 7s from Bluetooth to phone. At least that’s what I’m understanding.

I’m hoping if I pull out my phone I can set a destination on it and Bluetooth it right to the 7s. And it’s that simple. Would love to get my hands on the new 7s owners manual.
prormk800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement