2005 550 Fan giving me fits- Possible coil issue? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default 2005 550 Fan giving me fits- Possible coil issue?

2005 550 Fan, it's been getting harder and harder to start, once running it runs great but when it comes back down to idle it is rough and sounds like a misfire. yesterday I couldn't even get it to start.... Carbs have been cleaned at least 3 times, compression is 120 which is basically OEM, obviously I have tried a few sets of new plugs. I bought one of those inline spark testers with the light, the spark looks dull orange which is an indicator of weak spark, good spark should be white/blue. I have the resistance specs and the Stator checks out fine, the ignition coil is 15K from plug wire to plug wire which is what the spec states. Here is my issue, the resistance between the black/white feed wires to the coil are .3 Ohms and the spec states 3 ohms, anyone know if that is a mis print? If not should I assume the coil is bad? does that make sense?
Advertisement