f8 kits for less - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XFire 128/Firecat(03-06 & 09-?) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stuckatcollege@Nov 8 2004, 12:10 AM
You wouldn't be talking about the company that seems to be Always Pissing off Customers do you?* Not meaning to imply a certain company or anything.

f78, good luck with your new kit.* There will be a lot of naysayers on this site who have certain kits right now and will refuse to say another kit works too.* When you get your kit figured out post some dyno numbers on here and contact info.

REMEMBER--The best way to get word out is to toss a banner add up at the top of the page.* When you get your business going contact Rob and become and advertiser, it will help your business for sure.
<div align="right">
[/quote]

It is final there is enough intrest to build the f8 kits through Mad Motor Sports inc. a web site is being built and the busness licence has been sent in for aprovel thank you guys and gals for putting your input in i really want to see cat be at it's top of it's game and with these kits i think it will be possibe and as far as u people out there thinking this venture will fail or thinking i am cheating the system watch us from behind cause we will be on the podium and doing it for a lot less then other companys as a gift to all the firecat, saber cat owners that wish the f sleds were 800's
2005firecat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2004, 06:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Previous Sled(s): 2003 Green F7 Patriot Edition
Favorite Riding Area: Rangeley, ME
Riding Since: 1997

A while back there was a post with people saying that BMP was coping APC's design. But there were enough differences to prove that was not they case. You say that you took the measurements from the APC kit. To me that is just WRONG. If you cant come up with the dimensions yourself then you shouldnt produce a kit. How are you coming up with the head dimensions? That is one of those things that needs to me dyno tested as you make changes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GF7PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I was thinking the same thing?? Why was there any copying of anyones stuff.. same as if someone, copied our clutch kit and started selling it.. kinda sucks.. But whatever, I would love to see some dyno #'s.

So your saying it will only cost like $1200 U.S with trades?? isn't that about the $1600 canadian?

If so, thats great, but must only take like an hour to machine and port at that price.. :help: (which I know doesn't)

Dan
ods dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Night-Train@Nov 11 2004, 03:19 AM
well lets get more info on this kit here . and what all can be done..

there has been lots of bad news the last few days and well we need more companies like this too start or there will be no more
<div align="right">
[/quote]

I have to disagree Night train. We dont need more companies like this....this being copy catters. We need more companies who will be innovative and NOT copy others and sell at a lower price! If this were to continue the innovators will say the heck with it and then we the consumer will be the ones losing!!

If you have a kit that you have developed on your own and want to sell cheaper than the competition, all the power to you. But don't copy another kit and try and put them out of business by selling so much cheaper....very poor business practice in my opinion.

Dan hit the nail on the head with copying clutch kits, thats a pretty unprofessional way to make a buck if you ask me.

Just my 2 cents

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. HORN, Miss you Bud!!
Oh Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Copying ideas/products is for losers and companies that can't or refuse to research customer needs. If this guy has copied another kit I hope he gets come down on hard. Anyone who buys from him knowing that is just as bad.
jdels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm not sure if you have an American Kennel Club equivalent, but they will refuse to pedigree dogs under these conditions, if all your paperwork is in order.
jdels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I think I will stick with Pureperformance.ca and the Bikeman kits, cuz I will have a direct line to the engine builder/designer through this approved dealer, plus the boyz from PP are a blast to tune with!

I feel the "expert" race/dyno/tech support will be worth the money difference!

Where's the snow so we can GET IT ON!

ACDC "She&#39;s got the JACK!"
tracksidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Arctic Cat CrossTrek XF800
Previous Sled(s): 2013 F1100 Turbo

I couldn't agree more. I have a BMP 8 that I bought through The Outdoor Shop and I know Dan or Erich will be there if I need them! It's too bad that there are people out there that think that this is OK.
My .02
Bobalou
Bobalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Well at least you know that at BMP we have already spent alot of time and money dyno testing at dynotech and field testing to make the kits right. Just like I had mentioned before, since I had a copy cat called "Racin Station" in Idaho, all BMP kits are serial numbered also.

I heard Apc is out of business, is that true??? Has anyone heard? That's a bummer since I've had about 5 calls in the last week from people who are still waiting to get their F8 cylinders back and can't get ahold of Dan. Bummer!!
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Bikeman, I thought I read somewhere that you were working WITH racin Station? I guess I won't do any business with those guys...

Quote:
Blue Bear has control over the days, which explains why he is sometimes described as being gray or even polychrome: for days change from sunny to stormy and many states in between, and so run the gamut of the color spectrum.
bluebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement