secondary helixes - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

XFire 128/Firecat(03-06 & 09-?) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2015, 07:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

went to tightest hole, seems to be still be kind of high gear but definatley better out of the hole. 51*.
what would be the issue that I am setting this up tighter than STM recommends? b/c I have more power adders than their norm?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 06" F 7- R
Previous Sled(s): 00 ' ZR 500 96" ZR 580 ,,Z440
Favorite Riding Area: 660FT
Riding Since: 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by canf7 View Post
went to tightest hole, seems to be still be kind of high gear but definatley better out of the hole. 51*.
what would be the issue that I am setting this up tighter than STM recommends? b/c I have more power adders than their norm?

thanks
I would never go past the middle hole ...thats to tight
Old 01-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

RtoR, woud you go to the 45*?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

wondering if maybe the problem can be solved by taking weight out of the heel of my Cutler adj..? I have 65-75 weight and fully loaded, if I take out of the heel will that change the max rpm which is bang on right now.

I have been thinking about this and maybe it is fine off the line and shifts at 5-10mph to fast and rpm isn't high enough for that.

later
Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

a little more info, better description is like a car auto tranny with a shift kit, 1st then hits when it goes to second gear.

the sled shifts then spins when it shifts or spins up, maybe it is the nature of STM clutch, 51* helix, spring middle hole and adj. weights loaded middle and tip only, 73 grams total. rpm is still under 8000rpm. Haven't been out much but backshift seems fine and not much snow to really go hard pack then powder and back.

How loose can i go with the spring or just leave it in the middle?

later
Old 01-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: Local trails

You said you run a polaris belt.Is the primary properly shimmed?Try a different belt.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

measured the Polaris belt against my Cat belt and it is almost a 1/16 narrower, this might be the problem...?

I will see if there is a different option for belt, needs to be longer b/c of larger diameter secondary. I will put the stock 044 on and see what happens to compare also without any high speed

how is the primary shimmed?

thanks
Old 01-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

so did some reading and I do have a Thunder product abc primary bolt and this is supposed to do some sheave adj. with the locking collar, anyone with some experience with these?

later Kevin
Old 01-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

went out and everything seems fine now.. the longer polaris belt is narrower than the cat belt and the thunder product ABC bolt fixed my shimming issue

thanks for the help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement