Hardcore Sledder banner

Low RPM run quality of 2020 800 C-Tec

13K views 52 replies 31 participants last post by  oldcrow 
#1 ·
Since new felt the sled ran a little rough at lower rpm's (below 6000)
Going by sound it was hard to notice but you could feel the difference.
If idling around at a steady throttle, when the sled hit 6000 it would noticeably increase in speed and rpms.
Sled ran good throughout the rpm range, just hard to hold consistently in that 6000 rpm range

Now have over 1000 miles on the sled and low rpm run quality seem to be getting worse.
The engine now sounds rough at lower rpm's and when coasting to a stop you can actually feel the sled chug

When out on the trail the sled runs good
Anyone else notice the same?

#53 ·
As the starter of this thread I wanted to say the issue I was seeing was at very low RPM's and slow speeds.
Liking idling through town. Maybe spend about 2% of my riding time in this situation.

Was the tune perfect?
No; but my 2020 8000 RR was probably the most responsive, clean running sleds I have owned.

I put on around 2500 miles on my 2020 and this issue did not prevent me from ordering a 2021 8000 RR
My dad has a 2020 8000 Limited that he put on about 3500 miles last winter. He never complained once about the run quality (most wouldn't even notice the issue)
My dad too ordered a new 2021 8000 Limited

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.