HCS Snowmobile Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever felt you were being punished....
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #35 (permalink)
billp
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 20 Renegade 600R
Previous Sled(s): 16 renegade 600 Etec, 12 renegade 600 Etec, 07 renegade 600
Favorite Riding Area: ontario
18-19 Mileage 1510
17-18 Mileage: 2740
16-17 Mileage: 2520
15-16 Mileage: 1590
Riding Since: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo Rider View Post
For your past sins?

My FIL (father in law) basically tricked my husband into letting him and his wife (real MIL passed away years ago, I adored her) stay with us.

We were under the impression they were only staying for a long weekend for a family reunion.

So dad calls us, back and forth, keeps asking my hubby if it's ok if they stay.. AND THEN WE FIND OUT IT'S FOR THREE WEEKS!

Holy shit, crap, ahhh we are both totally buggin!!!

And no, we can't un-invite them. That would start an Armageddon of epic proportions LOL.

Anyone on here get "roped" into hosting family for an extended period of time?

Now let me say my father in law isn't the warmest nicest man, but at least he isn't a whiney Biotch like his wife. I do love this man, as he obviously is my husband's dad. And I love my husband.

But his wife is a "Debbie downer". Think Eyore!

Complains about my furniture, house, water, Christ everything.

Yes, I do have the room for them. But just the thought of having them here so long is making me ill.

I'm putting cable and a tv in their room, giving them the big bath, etc.

It's just I work from home, at least my husband gets to leave every morning. And I'm going to be stuck with these people.

Yes, I will probably be drinking heavily lol.

Any sage advice, pearls of wisdom, and epithets you have of enduring your own "in law home invasion" please share.
I think the fact that you work from home is your easy out. Spell it out to them in no uncertain terms that you are not to be bothered. no whining, no complaining, no standing over your shoulder, no asking what your doing. if they cant understand that you're working and abide by that then thats their problem. and like another guy said, dont make it too comfortable for them or they wont want to leave. good luck
billp is offline   Reply With Quote