Hardcore Sledder banner

weird no start

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  nanner 
#1 ·
OK I know it's summer..well close anyway.
Went to the trailer to check things out and realized that when I loaded my sleds in the trailer I left the key on on my '15..oops dead battery.. Well, gave it a couple pulls and bang, off she went. Let it idle for a few minutes revved a couple times. Turned off the key, hit the kill switch. Hooke the battery up to battery tender.
Now two days later..battery still dead. (no biggy it's still the original)...here's the kicker...SLED WON'T START!
WTH? kill switch up, key on pull several times and nothing..went as far as unhook the harness to the hood. Still nothing. Change plugs as they seemed pretty wet. Still nothing..Gave the throttle a little crack..no fire. What gives? two pulls the other night and now nothing..
Anyone have answers? This is going to drive me crazy:dunno::dunno:

#3 ·
battery has nothing to do with ignition on Polaris sleds. the only sleds effected by low voltage ( under 10 vdc) are ski-doo S.D.I. and E-TEC'S. the ecu shuts down under 10 volts won't start even pulling it. one reason ski-doo got ride of recoils on some models. you can't start a C.F.I. sled and not let it run up to temp or you risk flooding it'

pull both plugs. with the key/kill switch off pull it over 10 plus times. put new plugs in it and it should fire right up. warm weather starting compounds the flooding issue.

#5 ·
Update.
Took one of my trolling motor batteries and some small cables and hooked to the dead battery. Gauge started right up..turned key..spun but didn't engage to the fly wheel..weird, but one pull fired right off. I let it run up to about 130 and shut it down. Unhooked the battery and pulled three times and nothing. Hooked back to the good battery and one pull. Ran it for a bit and called it good. Loaded all the stuff back into the truck and gave the sled one more pull, fired right up..helped my buddy do a tire rotation on his truck and before I left his place decided to give it another try. One pull away she went..let's hope when I put the new battery in it it will engage the starter like usual.

#9 ·
polaris switchback starter issue

I had the same issue, one my battery went dead, I could not revive it with a charger. Starts 2nd pull everytime, but not with the battery. It will not engage the flywheel. I am getting a new battery and hope I do not have to replace the starter, but I think I need t. I will replace battery first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.