HCS Snowmobile Forums - View Single Post - Walker Evans Velocity RTS
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sledtuner360
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
Well guys...just rode the Assault today for a brief 10 mile loop on some rough trails. Because it was starting to rain this morning in Pittsburg and the temps were in the low 40's, I decided to try my new set up in my 2018 Assault 800. Trails were on the rough side due to no grooming in warm temps, perfect for testing.
WOW, what a difference!
I wasn't expecting this...I'm impressed. The WE Velocity shock absolutely rocks! Combined with the softest torsion springs available, this shock fixed the harshness of the un-coupled skid. And it didn't bottom...even with the clickers set on position 3.
I spent 160 miles yesterday on my new Indy 850 XC. The Indy's rear skid is silky smooth. I rode with my friend Jeff who was a '17 Assault 800. We both agreed: the Indy rides way better. So today just coming off both yesterday, I had a baseline to compare to.
I'm going to do some riding this upcoming week. But my ass-o-meter is really liking this shock upgrade. I wouldn't hesitate doing this if your looking for a big improvement!
Canít wait to try both my Indy and my assault (19s) with that shock. I have springs for assault but havenít swapped them yet. I also have an 18 assault that I put stock Indy shock in after swapping stock clicker for a hi/lo clicker. Going to try one with springs and one without. Guys just donít believe how much of an improvement these things are. Thanks for feed back and I will do same if I ever get to ride!
Sledtuner360 is offline   Reply With Quote