Hardcore Sledder banner

what age

20K views 38 replies 37 participants last post by  depunz 
#1 ·
what age riders are buying the freestyel, BRP says something like 18 to 24 year olds, when i started riding t age 16 i had a 440 srx, and it was to slow buy the end of the first year. if i bought a freestyle i would buy it for my son when he turns 10 or 12 years old ( hes only 3 know )

so what age of kids ( people ) are buying the freestyle

#2 ·
my kid is 6 and if i could get it past his mom and could afford it i would probably try and get him on it this season but it would be his last sled till he was atleast 15 or 16 i think the sled is ideal for a 10 - 16 yr old but if the kid has had it since 10 by the time they are 15 or 16 they would probably be bored with it

7 is probably a little to young but i couldnt justify buying a 120 and only get a season out of it im hoping he can ride the kitty cat one more season and then i ll see what i can find for him

#3 ·
I was thinking the same thing"age" I might get one next year if they are any good, I don`t buy anything the first year...I had my daughters sit on it at the Maine show Sunday and it fit them to a tee, They are 10 and 8 but they will be 11/9 by the time I get it. The ease of steering was the big thing they liked and you could fit 2 no problem... :div20:

#4 ·
i put my son on one this weekend and was actually surprised at the size of the machine, it's pretty big. My son who will be 6 in December will be bored with blasting around the lake on his Minirev by the end of this winter but I can't crank the speed up too much because of his sister wanting to also ride it so I was thinking the freestyle for his 7th bday but unless he grows a bunch I'm thinking Indylite instead since he doesn't need a real good suspension. I'd say ideal age is 8-12. At 12 I'd go 500ss to have it be a sled that would last 5-6 years.

#5 ·
Originally posted by legend700@Oct 10 2005, 09:25 AM
i put my son on one this weekend and was actually surprised at the size of the machine, it's pretty big.  My son who will be 6 in December will be bored with blasting around the lake on his Minirev by the end of this winter but I can't crank the speed up too much because of his sister wanting to also ride it so I was thinking the freestyle for his 7th bday but unless he grows a bunch I'm thinking Indylite instead since he doesn't need a real good suspension.  I'd say ideal age is 8-12.  At 12 I'd go 500ss to have it be a sled that would last 5-6 years.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919426
[/quote]

i would buy you kids a freestyle around the ages of 8-10....i got a 440 when i was 11 and it was toooooooo slow....im at my 5th machine now..i've bought the last 5 of them but still. around 10-12 i would buy them a 500ss to keep until they're like 15 or 16 then get them a 600 h.o.

I NEED SPEED AND I BET MOST OTHER 16 YEAR OLDS THAT RIDE SNOWMOBILES WANT SPEED TOO......

TAKE CARE THOUGH....

#6 ·
You people dont get it. This sled is not ment for the speed freak, its just for skrewing around and having fun. It is sort of like the honda xr 50 thing! You guys dont know whats fun! It would not be good for long trail rides but for skrewing around town it would be great. It is narrow so it is easy to throw up on one ski and man handle, it also can take a beating. :luxhello:

#7 ·
My Daughter is 9 and I think it would be perfect. Just can't afford it right now. 18-24 yr olds would find it to be to small I think. I stepped up from my kitty kat at 6. I rode an alluette and a bravo then but my fav as a kid was a 250 colt. I could go anywhere and i could pull it out if i needed to at about 11.

#13 ·
my kid is 6 and if i could get it past his mom and could afford it i would probably try and get him on it this season but it would be his last sled till he was atleast 15 or 16 i think the sled is ideal for a 10 - 16 yr old but if the kid has had it since 10 by the time they are 15 or 16 they would probably be bored with it

7 is probably a little to young but i couldnt justify buying a 120 and only get a season out of it im hoping he can ride the kitty cat one more season and then i ll see what i can find for him[/b]
16 is too old 4 a 300 frestyle. im 15 and hav a f5.

#15 ·
Started on back of a 99 mxz 600 when I was like 6 then started driving it on trails with my dad on back when I was ten then when I was eleven about half way through the season I think I started driving it by my self on days that there werent to many sleds on the trail. If it was a busy day I'd go on back with dad. Tweleve was my first real season that I drove it with out my dad on back. Then when I turned 14 got my rev 600 and still have it. If we get a good winter this year and I get some miles on next winter might step up to an 800.

#18 ·
Wow you guys are lucky, I started with a 340 until last year (13) then i traded my 4 wheeler for a 540 and that blew up the first week (engine was raced in the i500) got my 4 wheeler back and bought a 377 safari p.o.s. It isnt that but i just cant jump it iand its slow as hell... i had to sell my 4 wheeler 4 it and now im selling the safari for somthing that can do more then 60mph......Yeah thats my very boring snowmachine history.....

#19 ·
The freesyle would be good for a 10 yr. old, i saw one at snocross, i was dissapointed...

#21 ·
the great thing about snowmobiling is it can be different things to different people, some people like hauling flat out across lakes and fields, other people like trail riding, some people like jumping other people like boondocking in deep snow, get a snowmobile that does what you like. I will tell you one thing, when the snow falls any sled is better than no sled!!!

#23 ·
My nephew has a 05 rev 380 fan which he got at 12 he still loves it! He just turned 1k miles since 05. If we got out more I bet he would want a 500 SS or 600.
I think the average age for the 300 freestyle would be 10 to 15. But like someone said any sled is better than no sled!

#25 ·
Coming from an adult father of two here...

9-16 is a perfect age for the Freestyle 300. I got one for my kids (14 and 16) and they love it. I think a 550 is just a little to much for them to ride when I'm not around. The Freestyle 300 goes over 50mph! That's more than plenty for taking the kids on the ITS trails. I agree that they will want more power sooner than I am ready to hand over.

If you can pickup the 500 it can easily be "throttled down" till the kids are skilled enough to open it up. Even Skidoo recommends the rider be at least 16.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.