HCS Snowmobile Forums - View Single Post - Studding Sidewinder...Whats everyone going with
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
big_phil
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Sidewinder RTX Le
Previous Sled(s): Nytro
Favorite Riding Area: District 8
18-19 Mileage 5000km
16-17 Mileage: 3000
15-16 Mileage: 3500km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohenmd86 View Post
The new sidewinder as we all know is putting down some serious power. Most i know opt'd with a 137 x 1.25 track. Cat guys have been doing this for years on their turbos, anyone have a suggestion as to what we should run? Ive done a lot of research and I was thinking of running 192 woody Trigger studs with Performance StudStar all in one CNC backers. I'd like to see what others are planning on running. I am sure I'm going to be on the ice 30% of the time.

Woody's recommend 144 Gold Digger 60 degree with big nuts 1.375; I'd opt for the 1.450 and 7 degree backer plate as well however i ran 144 in my 2012 etec800 and barely hooked up then...

Anyone have some good stud patterns they want to share. And do you plan on studding outside or just center?
Im new to the sidewinder here, but not to turbo sleds. Dont even waste your time with 1.375 studs. 1.450 will be better, but i plan on running 1.575 megabites on my 1.25 track. Penetration is key. Me and my buddies have been running this stud length combo for years without trouble. Also, stay away from the center of the track, there is no support there. Studs closer to the rails and idler wheels get pushed into the ice instead of deflecting.
big_phil is offline   Reply With Quote