Hardcore Sledder banner

Shark Cycle guys busted

5K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  gearhd6 
#1 · (Edited)
STAFFORD SPRINGS, Conn. (WTNH) — Three people were arrested on identity theft charges Monday after state police investigated a Stafford Springs motorcycle business.

State Police say the investigation into Shark Cycle, located at 11 Willington Avenue, began on April 14th with several state and federal agencies, including the US Department of Defense and the US Army Criminal Investigative Command. Police say after a 9 month investigation, it was determined that three employees, including the owner 53-year-old Robert Charland, of Stafford Springs, had been taking Veterans personal identifiers like their names, birth dates and social security numbers, and creating fraudulent DD-214’s. They were then submitting these forms to a motorcycle company called Polaris International, to receive $1,000 credit to their Shark Cycle’s Parts account.

This would also lower the cost for the person purchasing a Polaris motorcycle and in turn spike the sales numbers for the employee. This credit was then used to purchase parts and accessories from Polaris which could be sold at Shark Cycle. Police said Shark Cycle would also receive money from Polaris for higher ATV and motorcycle sales.

Police say it was between February 2014 and September 2015 where 12 separate forms were found to be forged with the stolen identities of the veterans, which amounted to $12,000.

On Monday, Charland, along with his employees, identified as 26-year-old Riza Bazinet, of Willington, and 33-year-old Nicholas Wargo, of Stafford, were all taken into custody and each charged with larceny, identity theft, forgery and money laundering. All three are also to appear in court on January 4th. Charland was released on $100,000 bond, while Bazinet and Wargo were released on $5,000 bond.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
BS

Of all the folks to use as your method for the scam, our men, and women that serve our country so bravely and proudly. I would never shop at this location again and the business is open today acting like nothing has happened at all. 100% BS. :cop::cop:

Thanks Qwick for posting hopefully if anyone was shopping there they will redirect their purchase.

:bsflag:

For sure wins the asshole of the year award and a few other.

#8 ·
Of all the folks to use as your method for the scam, our men, and women that serve our country so bravely and proudly. I would never shop at this location again and the business is open today acting like nothing has happened at all. 100% BS. :cop::cop:

Thanks Qwick for posting hopefully if anyone was shopping there they will redirect their purchase.

:bsflag:
i believe all major manufactures pulled their new inventory from them and they have lost all dealer incentives. they only sell used products now

#13 ·
Charland has always been a scumbag. Some real shady rumors going through there a few years ago related to real legit crimes. Go to NH and get your sleds and save the sales tax and can stay away from this dirt bag and still get a discount.

#14 ·
I bought my 2014 sled there as a leftover , paperwork was normal, they had the sled I wanted( color options etc) at a good price that was very close to other prices I found. They were 9 miles from my home.

That being said if myself or most people knew they were scamming, especially with a veterans deal, I wouldn't have ever done business there.

#23 ·
They may be selling used stuff but I bet they won't be in business long now that this has officially been made public.

What a shitbag. I hope they make him return the money he laundered and donate it to a legit veterans cause. I guess they didn't name it "Shark cycles " on a whim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.