Blast ZR and Blast M - Page 6 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Blast This forum is for the Blast model sleds. This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

As far as buying new sleds if the new model really is spring order only which Poo started with the 850,there will be no reason to go to the dealer as there is nothing to see.

The problem with Cat is they are also ditching shows and/or test ride events. At least Poo will let you see the sled in person at a show or a dealer sponsored test ride event. Cat implemented their spring order only program this year only to have nowhere to go in my area to see the sleds or test ride them. Meanwhile I had multiple Poo and Doo events including test rides where they could not only be seen but test ridden.

Cat needs to fix this if they plan on doing spring order only AND they are reducing the number of dealers in their system.
dskofich likes this.
jdskycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Dealers will have Blasts demo sleds sometime in January is what I was told
vince likes this.
butarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdskycaster View Post
As far as buying new sleds if the new model really is spring order only which Poo started with the 850,there will be no reason to go to the dealer as there is nothing to see.

The problem with Cat is they are also ditching shows and/or test ride events. At least Poo will let you see the sled in person at a show or a dealer sponsored test ride event. Cat implemented their spring order only program this year only to have nowhere to go in my area to see the sleds or test ride them. Meanwhile I had multiple Poo and Doo events including test rides where they could not only be seen but test ridden.

Cat needs to fix this if they plan on doing spring order only AND they are reducing the number of dealers in their system.
And some of their dealers are dropping them also.
dskofich is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2019, 10:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 LTD IACT - 14 XF7000 Ltd Org/Blk
Previous Sled(s): 10 F8 SP,05 F6,02 ZL 600SS, 99 ZL 600, 96 Pantera
Favorite Riding Area: Central MN
19-20 Mileage: 125
18-19 Mileage: 1170
17-18 Mileage: 1260
16-17 Mileage: 960
Riding Since: 1972

I'm thinking the dealers that have been told there not going to be selling Cat's anymore haven't sold much for product for a few years. Why does Textron need to keep these dealerships around waiting for the big rebates to lower the price of new and used sleds and other Cat products.

As far as Cat mega dealers I wouldn't think they like the new preorder only program (country cat) is a good example they would have hundreds of sleds at discount prices that heart resale on used sleds and even dealers that had new sleds that had a tough time competing on prices that the mega dealers where selling for.
p51mstg likes this.
Fun11cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #55 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 El Tigre 8000
Previous Sled(s): 16 ZR 6000 Ltd 14 ZR 8000 Ltd 12 F1100 T 11 F8 EXT 09 Z1T
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: Lots
16-17 Mileage: Not enough
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by butarctic View Post
Dealers will have Blasts demo sleds sometime in January is what I was told
Like they did late season with the Riot, it makes alot more sense to have demo units on the snow in lieu of having sleds on carpet inside a conference center.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #56 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Sno Pro 500 & 2010 Sno Pro 500???
Previous Sled(s): ZR580EFI, SRV, Safari 377, Citation SS & Bogie Wheeled Sleds
Favorite Riding Area: twisty windy wooded bliss
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1600ish
17-18 Mileage: 1501.5
16-17 Mileage: -18
Riding Since: 1977

Wonder how good/bad that headlight is going to be?

Why not put the 'adult sized' windshield on the ZR's right away from the factory and make the 'racer' version an accessory?

Advertisement