Protective gear for the kiddos - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2019, 02:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh View Post
i still need to order and get a custom tekvest(minden is about an hour and a half away), going to cost me between 500-600, but it's kinda only need to buy it once barring an accident thing, and then it would pay for itself. things got busy over the summer though so i wont have it for this season as planned unfortunately. since i'm barely over 5' the store bought stuff wont fit me.

there's a lot of water/ice around the great lakes, i basically have a river in my front yard, with the mouth half a dozen houses further down, that leads into the georgian bay(eastern) half of lake huron. so i spend a lot of time on ice and studs are pretty much a must here. my hubby and i also wear full sets of the fxr FAST(makes yah float and drains if you fall in) gear as well.

I bought my daughter, wife, and dad all fxr gear with the FAST in it as we do ride alot of lakes and have to cross the river quite often. I'm the only one still wearing a suit without it at this point. Again its one of those things you hope you will never need but will sure be happy to have it if you do.
BobRoss and Cheallaigh like this.
Littlehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17’ 800 pro s s/b
Favorite Riding Area: The Highlands
Riding Since: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh View Post
i still need to order and get a custom tekvest(minden is about an hour and a half away), going to cost me between 500-600, but it's kinda only need to buy it once barring an accident thing, and then it would pay for itself. things got busy over the summer though so i wont have it for this season as planned unfortunately. since i'm barely over 5' the store bought stuff wont fit me.

there's a lot of water/ice around the great lakes, i basically have a river in my front yard, with the mouth half a dozen houses further down, that leads into the georgian bay(eastern) half of lake huron. so i spend a lot of time on ice and studs are pretty much a must here. Up my hubby and i also wear full sets of the fxr FAST(makes yah float and drains if you fall in) gear as well.
How do you find the fxr fast stuff for breathability. Years ago used to run the mustang suits but they would be soaked from sweat on the inside. Couldn’t stand it . Was interested in another floater system but am reluctant to get one.
mtzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Mine 2016 Polaris ProS Rush 600/His 18 SBA800
Previous Sled(s): 97 Skidoo 380 Touring E, 96 Polaris XLT Touring 2up
Favorite Riding Area: Georgian Bay
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtzz View Post
How do you find the fxr fast stuff for breathability. Years ago used to run the mustang suits but they would be soaked from sweat on the inside. Couldn’t stand it . Was interested in another floater system but am reluctant to get one.
this will be my first year with the adrenaline set, the jacket i've been wearing for years before that, a floater wasn't bad. i dress in light layers so i can change as needed and don't overheat. my hubby has had his team frx set for over a year, he doesn't get especially sweaty, though he can get hot(far better for warmth than what i was wearing last year). the areas we ride are either extremely cold(-20 or colder) or have a good deal of windchill(out on the ice).

hopefully someone else can give a better answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement