NS1 Next Stage Gauges - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Indy (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 163
Current Sled(s): 2018 800 switchback XCR
Previous Sled(s): 16 800Pros,12ProR,03.5 Blair Morgan,2001 440 xcr, 1996 xlt,
Location: Western NY
Favorite Riding Area: Lake of Bays
19-20 Mileage: 2100
18-19 Mileage: 2800
17-18 Mileage: 2100
Age: 50
Riding Since: 1988
Default NS1 Next Stage Gauges

Does anyone have this gauge? What do you think of it. Looks big and cumbersome. Can you ditch bang with it or is it more for touring?
legend8642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Fun11cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,747
Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 LTD IACT
Previous Sled(s): 14 XF 7000 10 F8 SP,05 F6,02 ZL 600SS, 99 ZL 600, 96 Pantera
Location: Central, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Central MN
19-20 Mileage: 643
18-19 Mileage: 1170
17-18 Mileage: 1260
16-17 Mileage: 960
Age: 59
Riding Since: 1972
Default

I purchased the gauge 2 years ago and it works great.

It is big but very easy to see and use. The gauge will replace the factory gauge cluster so its out of the way. Many options on setup for screen.
Fun11cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 163
Current Sled(s): 2018 800 switchback XCR
Previous Sled(s): 16 800Pros,12ProR,03.5 Blair Morgan,2001 440 xcr, 1996 xlt,
Location: Western NY
Favorite Riding Area: Lake of Bays
19-20 Mileage: 2100
18-19 Mileage: 2800
17-18 Mileage: 2100
Age: 50
Riding Since: 1988
Default

Can you still use the windshield bag with the ns1 installed?
legend8642 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Fun11cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,747
Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 LTD IACT
Previous Sled(s): 14 XF 7000 10 F8 SP,05 F6,02 ZL 600SS, 99 ZL 600, 96 Pantera
Location: Central, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Central MN
19-20 Mileage: 643
18-19 Mileage: 1170
17-18 Mileage: 1260
16-17 Mileage: 960
Age: 59
Riding Since: 1972
Default

Not sure on the Polaris but it will fit on the Cats.
Fun11cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
stevem5215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,720
Current Sled(s): 14 Zr8000 lxr
Previous Sled(s): 09 F8
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Favorite Riding Area: Laurel Highlands
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1900
17-18 Mileage: 1200mi
16-17 Mileage: 110mi yep!
Age: 59
Riding Since: 1982
Default

I have the NS1 on my 14' Zr8000lxr. It's really nice. And keeps me from having to put another mount on my sled for the Montana 650. I just use the one device now for gauges and mapping. The data logging feature is great for history of your clutching etc. Also, a real time water temp gauge is very nice too so you can keep the snow on the coolers as needed without wondering how hot your are running. I also download the track logs the same as I used to on the Garmin onto Basecamp and keep track of the riding. Overall I'd give the gauge a 9 out of 10. It's really only negative is the maps are not totally current and you must load some of them to work offline from the wifi. (topo maps and other built in feature maps). I use a handlebar bag so can't comment on the windshield bag. I have the bigger 9" screen and I have had the 7" in the past. Bigger is better when riding the trail.

Steve
http://users.zoominternet.net/~stevem5215/ My webpage if you'd like to see the tracklogs from it.
zr sled head likes this.
stevem5215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Bigger issue is where do you get one? Site says sold out.
tarmstrong24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Fun11cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,747
Current Sled(s): 2020 ZR 8000 LTD IACT
Previous Sled(s): 14 XF 7000 10 F8 SP,05 F6,02 ZL 600SS, 99 ZL 600, 96 Pantera
Location: Central, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Central MN
19-20 Mileage: 643
18-19 Mileage: 1170
17-18 Mileage: 1260
16-17 Mileage: 960
Age: 59
Riding Since: 1972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmstrong24 View Post
Bigger issue is where do you get one? Site says sold out.
What sled do you want it for, here is the web site Purchase NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges.

I see he is out of the Ski Doo models as of now.

If your looking for Ski Doo, PM me and I will contact Stephen to see what his status is on Ski Doo models.

Last edited by Fun11cat; 12-12-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Fun11cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Default

I had to order a used 7" from him for my sled, when he gets a new 8" from him. These gauges seem too good not to have on my sled



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun11cat View Post
What sled do you want it for, here is the web site Purchase NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges.

I see he is out of the Ski Doo models as of now.

If your looking for Ski Doo, PM me and I will contact Stephen to see what his status is on Ski Doo models.
tarmstrong24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 163
Current Sled(s): 2018 800 switchback XCR
Previous Sled(s): 16 800Pros,12ProR,03.5 Blair Morgan,2001 440 xcr, 1996 xlt,
Location: Western NY
Favorite Riding Area: Lake of Bays
19-20 Mileage: 2100
18-19 Mileage: 2800
17-18 Mileage: 2100
Age: 50
Riding Since: 1988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem5215 View Post
I have the NS1 on my 14' Zr8000lxr. It's really nice. And keeps me from having to put another mount on my sled for the Montana 650. I just use the one device now for gauges and mapping. The data logging feature is great for history of your clutching etc. Also, a real time water temp gauge is very nice too so you can keep the snow on the coolers as needed without wondering how hot your are running. I also download the track logs the same as I used to on the Garmin onto Basecamp and keep track of the riding. Overall I'd give the gauge a 9 out of 10. It's really only negative is the maps are not totally current and you must load some of them to work offline from the wifi. (topo maps and other built in feature maps). I use a handlebar bag so can't comment on the windshield bag. I have the bigger 9" screen and I have had the 7" in the past. Bigger is better when riding the trail.

Steve
Snowmobiling Page by Steve M in Pittsburgh PA My webpage if you'd like to see the tracklogs from it.
The Axys chassis is so limited in storage, I keep everything in the windshield bag. If you can not access the bag with the NS1 gauge on, I will be buying the PIDD gauge.
legend8642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Default

just get the double sided handle bar bag



Quote:
Originally Posted by legend8642 View Post
The Axys chassis is so limited in storage, I keep everything in the windshield bag. If you can not access the bag with the NS1 gauge on, I will be buying the PIDD gauge.
tarmstrong24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.