Hardcore Sledder banner

new belts

9K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  fastsleddr 
#1 ·
we have become a CV-TECh dealer. they have devolved the own drive belts. called PBX in there testing these are spot on dimension wise and totally smoked all other belts tested against for longevity. 1 year warranty that can be warrantied by us or any CV-TECH dealer. so instant replacement. and the good thing is a $123.95 retail price. we will have these in august. we will have Polaris and ski-doo belts in stock for current models 1078 belt numbers and up. some older belts are around $80

we had been a fan of gates belts. but last season we saw more issue's with them not holding up and being very inconsistent? time for a change. like everything we will torture test these. will be tested on our pro-stock and water-x sled first.

#7 · (Edited)
My 850 XC had no adjustment for deflection of stock Poo belt. So changed it at 1,500 miles. 2nd Poo belt same thing. But my RPMs were 8,150 spot on on the 1st and 2nd Poo belts. Then noticed down on power after mid range. ( About 3,000 miles) RPMs were 8,350-8,400. Turns out had broken secondary spring. Power REALLY DOES drop at over rev! So put on Gates Carbon Fiber. Had GREAT luck in the past with these. RPMs 7,900. 7,500. 7,000. Losing MORE power. Gates CF had 500 miles on it. Turns out one half of the whole outside had peeled off. Close to a blow. Put stock, lose Poo belt back on and 8,150 right ON the money once again. Adjusted belt deflection. Must have been something in the secondary stuck from day one. Bottom line, loose Poo belt was better than low mileage Gates CF. Quality shit the bed on these!

#8 ·
I ran gates belts back in the 90's on my 600 xcr and 680 ultra. Belt compound was pretty hard running 300 rpm higher than the poo belts so i had to tweak the clutching...never had any issues once the deflection was set, except some excessive wear to the clutch sheave faces.

#15 ·
Yah--the Gates really went to shit!
The measurement is all over the place.
If you overdrive your clutch's they can be too short.

Why would anyone machine clutch for more overdrive Jim? My measurements on my 2015 indicated anywhere from 15% overdrive to 20% already there depending on which belt used. The stock 1177 belt already goes about 1/16-1/8" above the top of the primary sheaves at full shift. A new Gates is even more.:bc:

See post 552 and beyond.
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/for...1237481-breaking-new-axys-800-ves-oil-56.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.