Any 850 Dyno numbers yet ? - Page 5 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Indy (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #41 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 Pro-R 800 switchback
Previous Sled(s): 04 pro x2, edge x 700, 99 xc 500, 92 xcr 440, 89 indy trail
Favorite Riding Area: Midwest
18-19 Mileage 450
15-16 Mileage: 500 exhact
Riding Since: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskegocat View Post
Itís beacuse they are scared to give a HP # and 1 hp off everyone is upset.

Funny........... that per year manufactured
72 million cars
3.5 million bikes
4 million outboard motors all give a HP rating all before they are sold or listed for sale.
A 100,000 2 strokes sleds 800/850 and they have no clue because one could be differant than the one next to it because of lackluster quality control or they are scared to post, I go with scared.
EPA is BS made up excuse , EPA only needs one engine to test if the EPA decides it would like to audit the test motor results the manufacture sends in . Takes 30 days to review the info that the manufacture sends in and they need to keep the test motor on hand until the end of that model year. Iím sure Polaris is well within EPA standards on the 850 years ago and has the ok For 2019 already.

BTW WHO CARES!
Round it to 165 or 170 and make it a day............
Even if it does dyno at 170... Conditions change... And so does the power from day to day anyways on the sled. People get so worked up by number wars. Weight is important too, and the track. Look at the NSX. Makes less than 300 hp and competed with supercars back in the day. If skidoo even made 5 hp more than polaris 850 on a dyno. Who cares, chances are it means nothing in the real world.
MuscleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
18-19 Mileage 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
Here's my Assault box stock with 2" Lug running an XF 800 with a big lug track...around 2" or whatever comes on them sleds. It was real hard packed and he got the holeshot and it was no contest for him.

Make sure you are comparing track length and lug size that are very close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKrC451zI0
Not to mention, he crepted ahead, by what, 3 feet? You stayed put. So he had a slight head start to boot. So, the hole sot thing was an optical allusion. It looked like he got the hole shot, it was really dead even for 100 feet, then you drove away. That's what I saw.
OutKast and cfm like this.
Frankie406 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
18-19 Mileage 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniemac View Post
Exactly, at the end of the day the Doo 850 dynoed st 168hp so rough math would put the Poo 840 about 2% less.
But the Poo will still walk it.
Frankie406 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #44 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 SKS 146 800 White Lightning
Previous Sled(s): 15XFHC8k 9 Xf1k 4 Gade600HO 5 m7 141 3 mxzx440 2 zlr500
Favorite Riding Area: Eup/raco/strongs area
18-19 Mileage 1050
16-17 Mileage: 1650
15-16 Mileage: 1150
Riding Since: 1993

So either my dads sled is a ringer, or mines slow as balls god darnit polaris.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 SBA 800 2015 INDY 800 2015 INDY 550
Previous Sled(s): Couple D8's
16-17 Mileage: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire087 View Post
Switch riders when the snow falls and run them.
And did he buy his brand new or used? If used maybe someone put a clutch kit in it or changed the gears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OutKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage 1050

Read my last post on this, his sled is bone stock, bought hrand new that weekend.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
i can fix that. our sks/rmk clutch kits have hit the ball out of the park. but the stock sled should rip the ass out of that cat? something going on with it? what is the peak rpm? have you determined its is fully shifted out? any problem stalling etc. going into reverse? plug fowling? cold start up stalling?

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #48 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

18-19 Mileage 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick View Post
i can fix that. our sks/rmk clutch kits have hit the ball out of the park. but the stock sled should rip the ass out of that cat? something going on with it? what is the peak rpm? have you determined its is fully shifted out? any problem stalling etc. going into reverse? plug fowling? cold start up stalling?
Oh where to start, mine was in the shop all winter(and my main reason for being such a hater unless this season is flawless). Mine was initially a ripper, broke it in hard said screw the belt and made the first 100 or so miles good ones. Fast forward to a few weeks later im having cold start issues when and only when i would travel with it in the back of my truck. Thing would not start and stay running without holding the throttle until you went and rode it around some. It would then be good all weekend. I finally got fed up with dropping it off and told them i didnt want it back until it was fixed and the ended up doing a top end and powervalves at 1000 miles on the dot. They claimed it was only pulling 60 on one side and like 120 on the other claimed it was a bad top end due to carbon buildup on the rings because i was running mystik. I get a new top end and a new set of powervalves for some reason instead of just cleaning them. Plot twist, i did a compression test before bringing it in and pulled 136 psi on both jugs. Anyways, i get this fucker back and its still doing it(5 minute drive back to my house in my truck) get it back in my garage and call them up and they say some of the mystiks still in the sled causing the issue so i say fuck it. Go to install the high elevation gearing and clutching on my sled, get that all done and go to turn it over. Sled wont start, wtf, keeps flooding out(im fucking pissed at this point i got a trip to wyoming in a day) call them up and tell them its going back in as soon as i get it back make me an appointment. Finally get this fucker to run by holding it wide open trying to clear it out(still pissed). Everything checks out finally, go out to wyoming unload sled everything seems to be working ok. Fast forward to the next day, sled wont stay running without giving it throttle from cold(can i say fuck polaris yet?) Deal with it while getting more and more pissed because i cant let them damn thing even warm up by itself without it dying 45 seconds later. FInally i get back about ready to send it through the dealerships front door, they finally up the idle as per request as its always idled low around 1500-1550 rpm which is around 150 lower than my buddies. So now fast forward the thing wont go into reverse, so this finally forces them to adjust the tps to spec(since its now out from polaris telling them to up the idle) which ive been telling them to do since i started having problems(but the service manager telling me it checks out on digital wrench). As of right now it seems to run pretty good, but this ongoing process of bullshit has made it difficult to enjoy this sled as much. With a gates belt it pulls 8350-8400 on straights holding it wfo, but pulls perfect in the pow where it needs to. If i weight it down, its a dog and only pulls 8150 and less in the powder. This happened with both 60 grams at tog, and 70 grams in the UP. 68 down low seems to do the trick, and i will be grinding down my 60's to 58's for up high. Oh and another thing to add, never seen a sled bounce so hard off the rev limiter when punching it when it came down to sea level the first ride. Clutches where both scotch brighted and blown off upon switching back to sea level clutching. Was crazy powerful until it bogged due to spinning 1 million rpm. Apparently polaris has garbage altitude compensation.

Oh and outkast, i highly doubt that would make a difference. If anything it would be even worse, since im almost 110 pounds lighter than he is right now. I will say switching from the ethanol setting to the premium non eth setting made a world of difference. Still no spanking despite everything said here. If anything it was close, or neck and neck at best. Again with a 80 pound difference at the time.

Last edited by Empire087; 08-06-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Empire087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Oh where to start, mine was in the shop all winter(and my main reason for being such a hater unless this season is flawless). Mine was initially a ripper, broke it in hard said screw the belt and made the first 100 or so miles good ones. Fast forward to a few weeks later im having cold start issues when and only when i would travel with it in the back of my truck. Thing would not start and stay running without holding the throttle until you went and rode it around some. It would then be good all weekend. I finally got fed up with dropping it off and told them i didnt want it back until it was fixed and the ended up doing a top end and powervalves at 1000 miles on the dot. They claimed it was only pulling 60 on one side and like 120 on the other claimed it was a bad top end due to carbon buildup on the rings because i was running mystik. I get a new top end and a new set of powervalves for some reason instead of just cleaning them. Plot twist, i did a compression test before bringing it in and pulled 136 psi on both jugs. Anyways, i get this fucker back and its still doing it(5 minute drive back to my house in my truck) get it back in my garage and call them up and they say some of the mystiks still in the sled causing the issue so i say fuck it. Go to install the high elevation gearing and clutching on my sled, get that all done and go to turn it over. Sled wont start, wtf, keeps flooding out(im fucking pissed at this point i got a trip to wyoming in a day) call them up and tell them its going back in as soon as i get it back make me an appointment. Finally get this fucker to run by holding it wide open trying to clear it out(still pissed). Everything checks out finally, go out to wyoming unload sled everything seems to be working ok. Fast forward to the next day, sled wont stay running without giving it throttle from cold(can i say fuck polaris yet?) Deal with it while getting more and more pissed because i cant let them damn thing even warm up by itself without it dying 45 seconds later. FInally i get back about ready to send it through the dealerships front door, they finally up the idle as per request as its always idled low around 1500-1550 rpm which is around 150 lower than my buddies. So now fast forward the thing wont go into reverse, so this finally forces them to adjust the tps to spec(since its now out from polaris telling them to up the idle) which ive been telling them to do since i started having problems(but the service manager telling me it checks out on digital wrench). As of right now it seems to run pretty good, but this ongoing process of bullshit has made it difficult to enjoy this sled as much. With a gates belt it pulls 8350-8400 on straights holding it wfo, but pulls perfect in the pow where it needs to. If i weight it down, its a dog and only pulls 8150 and less in the powder. This happened with both 60 grams at tog, and 70 grams in the UP. 68 down low seems to do the trick, and i will be grinding down my 60's to 58's for up high. Oh and another thing to add, never seen a sled bounce so hard off the rev limiter when punching it when it came down to sea level the first ride. Clutches where both scotch brighted and blown off upon switching back to sea level clutching. Was crazy powerful until it bogged due to spinning 1 million rpm. Apparently polaris has garbage altitude compensation.

Oh and outkast, i highly doubt that would make a difference. If anything it would be even worse, since im almost 110 pounds lighter than he is right now. I will say switching from the ethanol setting to the premium non eth setting made a world of difference. Still no spanking despite everything said here. If anything it was close, or neck and neck at best. Again with a 80 pound difference at the time.
a lot of 17/18's suffer from this stalling bullshit. the tps is the issue. we have replace and set the base voltage to .698-.700 and solved it. the other thing is the clutching is all f----d up on these. while a straight 40 degree helix is o.k. for deep snow it's not so good on trail. the driven spring is to stiff. this is why your hitting the rev limit at launch. our kit pulls 10-70 no problem and spin the sled to 8400. but everything else is changed in the clutch as well.

Northstar Performance Products
Stage 1,2,3 clutch kits
Oil tank vent kits
Doo T-Stat bypass kits
Rush/Axys A-Arm bushing kits
550 fan upgrade kit

Our products have been race tested and proven all across North America!

Authorized dealer for
SLP
RK-Tek
WPS
US Chrome
Thunder Products
Automatic Distributors
Venom/Team Ind.
Redline Oil
Klotz Racing Synthetics
K100
northstarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 RMK 850 163", 2018 SBA 800, 2000 XCR 800
Previous Sled(s): 16 SKS, 12 PRO R LE, 11 PRO RMK, 09 RMK Assault, 07 RMK 600

Do you guys have a good kit for the SBA with a 2" track?
greasemonkey3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement