zr200 - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ZR120/200 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storman View Post
Yes im using the 50 drill bit size with much better throttle response may go up to 55 I also installed the adjustable main jet but didn't see much if any improvement on that. Still needs more gear. Kid is 6 so he is pretty light and any flat hard pack or ice he is on the rev limiter and im getting the belt to the top of the primary my marker line is all but cleaned off to the top of the primary. He loves this thing and his 120 had a rec motor gx ultimate kit on it so it wasn't a slouch. I have a 370 in the barn for his next move but might get the new Poo in a year or two?
Thanks 50 it is!
Big-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Advanced Member

just got a zr200 for are 9 year old he likes it but he might be growing out of it soon he races snow cross so that might be his racing sled. we got a tether pilot jet kit. idols really rough and is hard to start.we also put a rap on it kooks amazing
Old 03-01-2018, 10:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Advanced Member

we had to ujust the throttle too he kept complaining his thumb hurt after we ajusted it he was fine. we where a little disapointed in it at first because it was going around 25 after he broke it in he goes about 30.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I recomend this sled if your kid is to big for a zr120 and to small for a full sized sled this is the perfect and there are a lot of diffrent ways to get power out of it
Old 03-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Voyageur 600 - Ovt 340 - XLV 540 - Zr200
Previous Sled(s): - 97 Vmax, 07 Phazer, '16 Bearcat
Riding Since: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Steve View Post
I recomend this sled if your kid is to big for a zr120 and to small for a full sized sled this is the perfect and there are a lot of diffrent ways to get power out of it
Do you think its too much sled for a 5 year old?

I dont want to buy a 120 and have to switch to a 200 in a year or two.
3wheelerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

I bought one for my kids for this past Christmas. We also have a 120 that is souped up. Was more buying the 200 so I could ride the smaller kids on it, but the 4 year old was able to ride it and hes not a big kid. The speed intimidates him a little but he does quite well. Im about a 175 pounds and it handles me and a kid just fine as well. I would probably go with the 200.
ICEMANJOE and 3wheelerdude like this.
Boondokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 03 F7

I’ve drilled out my pilot jet to a #55 and it seems to be too big, I had to order a couple new pilot jets from the Yamaha shop, cat dealer said they won’t have stock on them until summer! Anyone ever try to do any gearing or removal of the rev limiter yet?
Romes78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 03 F7

That was a 2019 zr 200 by the way!
Romes78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romes78 View Post
I’ve drilled out my pilot jet to a #55 and it seems to be too big, I had to order a couple new pilot jets from the Yamaha shop, cat dealer said they won’t have stock on them until summer! Anyone ever try to do any gearing or removal of the rev limiter yet?
I'd throw an adjustable main jet on the thing before you do anything with the pilot jet. I can't imagine 55 being too big where it would cause a problem.

Follow you steering shaft down there is a single plug there. Thats your electronic governor.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romes78 View Post
We ride 0-2000 ft ele. and I went with Yamaha part # 7CU-E4142-42-A0, which is a #42.5 pilot jet from a generator.

Brand new carb and a new pilot (with 1 1/4 turn out on the pilot screw) and the sleds are running better than they have since I owned them.

I just got the envelope full of nomex gaskets and when I get home I will test those to see if I can eliminate the heat transfer issue.

Luck with your sleds!
Brother Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement