Minnesota News - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Current Events Forum Rules Inside

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bontz

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Site Moderator - Chris

Current Sled(s): 2019 Indy XC 850
Previous Sled(s): '16 SB Pro-X; '15 Rush Pro-S; '12 SB Pro-R; '09 Dragon -Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Lake Namakagon/Cable, WI
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1352
17-18 Mileage: 2032
16-17 Mileage: 825
Riding Since: 1975
Default Minnesota News

BEMIDJI, Minn. (AP) -- A northern Minnesota county has banned resettlement of refugees within its boundaries, becoming the first in the state and the second in the nation to do so.

The Beltrami County board of commissioners voted 3-2 Tuesday night to deny consent to refugee resettlement. The move is allowed under an executive order signed by President Donald Trump.

However, the move will have little practical effect as no refugees have been resettled in Beltrami County in the past five years.

Saw a friend of mine share this article on FB. I find it interesting more so the fact this is MINNESOTA ... the home of our fantastic congresswoman Omar The other part that I'm kind of chuckling at is, I can't imagine any refugees trying to survive a winter in Bemidji
XCR1250 and fishdoktor like this.
Bontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 01 XCSP 600/04 PROX2 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontz View Post
BEMIDJI, Minn. (AP) --

However, the move will have little practical effect as no refugees have been resettled in Beltrami County in the past five years.
Good Preemptive move. Once you let them in you'll never get rid of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12 F8 Sno Pro Retro
Previous Sled(s): 03 F7 and many others
Favorite Riding Area: The U.P. of course
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1525
17-18 Mileage: 850 what winter?
16-17 Mileage: 800
Riding Since: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontz View Post
BEMIDJI, Minn. (AP) -- A northern Minnesota county has banned resettlement of refugees within its boundaries, becoming the first in the state and the second in the nation to do so.

The Beltrami County board of commissioners voted 3-2 Tuesday night to deny consent to refugee resettlement. The move is allowed under an executive order signed by President Donald Trump.

Saw a friend of mine share this article on FB. I find it interesting more so the fact this is MINNESOTA ... the home of our fantastic congresswoman Omar The other part that I'm kind of chuckling at is, I can't imagine any refugees trying to survive a winter in Bemidji
I didn't think I'd see any people from India owning party stores in northern Michigan for this same reason but I'll be damned if they haven't infiltrated that area too. And before someone calls me rascist, I don't have a problem with them owning a business, I have a problem with the tax exemptions they are allowed compared to a U.S. citizen.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default Minnesota News

Bemidji (Beltrami county) has enough problems with the nativeís, they donít need to take on another 3rd word culture. If your white go take a drive to Redby and see how that goes for you. The FBI has a office in Bemidji.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nanner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement