Iran is retaliating - Page 11 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Current Events Forum Rules Inside

Like Tree173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2020, 06:02 PM   #101 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '12 Vector LTX, '10 Vector LTX GT, '05 Vector
Previous Sled(s): Polaris 500 Classic, 500 XC-SP
Favorite Riding Area: Jackman, Milinocket, So. ME
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh View Post

quite a few of us canadians, follow and understand american politics, because what they do affects us.
I appreciate that. When the shit storm hits here I'll be visiting you guys!
cropsprayer and Cheallaigh like this.
pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #102 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XR-S Renegade
Previous Sled(s): 2003 F7 SP , 2008 F8 SP, 2013 XF800 SP
Favorite Riding Area: Hayward and the U.P
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 850
17-18 Mileage: 900
16-17 Mileage: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain View Post
There is zero chance that commercial plane was shot down intentionally by Iran. That would have been a death sentence. Its a VERY unfortunate mistake, accident, lapse in judgement or piss poor communication.
It was shot down by a surface to air missile that was likely Iran's Air Defense system which is basically automated. No doubt they armed it while they fired their rockets in the off chance the US or Iraq responded. Unfortunately this plane was allowed to take off and was a sitting duck.
How horrible! All those innocent people.
My heart goes out to all of them.
What about the hundreds of planes that took off and landed before and after this one that was shot down? It was on purpose.
Cheallaigh likes this.

Last edited by Muskegocat; 01-09-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Muskegocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #103 (permalink)
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 600 H.O. Fusion

Quote:
no, the pissing contest is the threats back and forth, partly on twitter bs. threatening to destroy cultural sites, their threats back, going on since trump pulled out of the nuclear deal, escalating to this point.

i don't have an issue killing a terrorist and he was, killing him on another country's soil? wrong! should have killed him in his own country, no way you can tell me the US wasn't capable of doing that.

quite a few of us canadians, follow and understand american politics, because what they do affects us.

If we killed him on Iranian soil they still would have lobbed missiles at bases in Iraq.

Innocent people died an unfortunate death. At the hands of IRANIANS. THEY lobbed missiles into a neighboring country. THEY let the plane take off. THEY armed a surface to air missile battery in that area.

I feel horrible about innocent people losing their lives but you’re taking the “Whoa is us” thing a little far, I think. You just want to blame President Trump for more, just be honest about it.

I am still not buying that they just accidentally let a commercial airliner take off while they had a surface to air missile battery armed, right after sending missiles over the border in retaliation. People 110% buying into all that are being a little ignorant, IMO. Too many things add up leaning the bad way there.
too slow and Stevie-Ray like this.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2020, 06:29 PM   #104 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Mine 2016 Polaris ProS Rush 600/His 18 SBA800
Previous Sled(s): 97 Skidoo 380 Touring E, 96 Polaris XLT Touring 2up
Favorite Riding Area: Georgian Bay
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 2016

the question then becomes why? why shoot down a plane carrying 138 people heading to canada, 63 of which were canadian citizens?

yes i do blame him in part, his desire to end anything with obamas name on it, whether good or bad is behind his actions. i also blame iran as well. both chose to escalate this, rather than talk. sanctions aren't going to make things better, now it's even more worse of a situation, i can see more attacks and deaths coming from this. i don't want to see more innocents die, nor do i want to see another war. i'd rather our soldiers in both countries come home and not be stuck over there. in case you didn't know, we have canadian units there as well.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #105 (permalink)
Administrator

Current Sled(s): 2015 RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): 600 H.O. Fusion

Quote:
the question then becomes why? why shoot down a plane carrying 138 people heading to canada, 63 of which were canadian citizens?

Because they are unruly savages that dgaf. I doubt they were concerned about what they were doing nor purposely targeting the plane just because it was heading to Canada.
captain and Stevie-Ray like this.
sayatodaU.P.eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #106 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 850 Renegade X
Previous Sled(s): 17 Assault 800 155 16 600RS 15 Freeride

Quote:
no, the pissing contest is the threats back and forth, partly on twitter bs. threatening to destroy cultural sites, their threats back, going on since trump pulled out of the nuclear deal, escalating to this point.

i don't have an issue killing a terrorist and he was, killing him on another country's soil? wrong! should have killed him in his own country, no way you can tell me the US wasn't capable of doing that.

1st bold, bullshit. The rulers of Iran never gave a shit about the deal, they cared about the money. They certainly had the right President in office to fill their coffers.
2nd bold, bullshit. You live by the sword you die by it. He didn't seem to care when he created chaos anywhere BUT his country.
Anyhow, it seems to be strange that another aircrafts pilot saw the airliner in flames as he was flying above the stricken plane. This was 3 hrs after the attack in a sovereign nation by the Iranians.
You can put the blame game on Trump by using the "well he was targeting cultural sites" all you want but these Sharia fanatics have nothing but hate for the Western way of life. Is the U.S. pure as the driven snow? No but I'll still appreciate my freedoms that I have and I'll be goddamned if I'll ever choose the side of those murderers.
RIP to ALL passengers and crew and may their families find some sort of solace.
800ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #107 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
the fact is, 176 innocent people died, adding to that, several countries that weren't involved in this pissing contest, are the ones who lost people to this "mistake" as you put it captain.

i really don't give a shit at this point whether it was a mistake or not, innocent people died for a pissing contest between two countries, when they could have been talking if they didn't have their egos up their asses.

So it’s trump’s fault for the Iranians launching missile’s into a neighboring country at military base’s. Just typical Liberal bullshit comments. Sure it sucks that lives were taken but trump didn’t shoot down that plane. He took out a terrorist that has taken hundreds if not thousands of lives. If the Iranian general would have followed the rules and not left his country he would still be alive and none of this would have happened. No civilians were killed. Iran shot the plane down because they just couldn’t let it be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
captain and lonewolfhowling like this.
nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18 Rush pro S, 15 SB 800 Pro S, APEX, NYTRO,
Previous Sled(s): Poo 650, 02 viper, vector, Rx-1
Favorite Riding Area: north of hy 8
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1450
16-17 Mileage: 1250
Riding Since: 6th

These ppl fuk goats in the desert.... and consider women worth 1/2 a goat.
Switchway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #109 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 850 Renegade X
Previous Sled(s): 17 Assault 800 155 16 600RS 15 Freeride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchway View Post
These ppl fuk goats in the desert.... and consider women worth 1/2 a goat.
It's amazing that those who scream about human rights violations can even begin to show some support for the Muslim fanatics! Women are treated as third rate beings. The LGBTQ population lives in REAL FEAR for their lives. Christians have to walk softly. Yeah, Trump's vision certainly makes theirs look real good.
captain and lonewolfhowling like this.
800ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #110 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Yamaha RS Vector XTX
Favorite Riding Area: Huron Shores trails 6,96,963
19-20 Mileage: 320
18-19 Mileage: 375
17-18 Mileage: 12 :(
Riding Since: 1970

Quote:

yes i do blame him in part, his desire to end anything with obamas name on it, whether good or bad is behind his actions.
Just what the hell do you think we put him in there for? Part and parcel to end anything that supreme useless asshole had his traitorous name on! So far, so good. Now, if he could only destroy what's left of the idiot's "legacy" that would be fine by me. Even better, maybe lock the son of a bitch up, after the investigations reveal the left's treachery which took place on his watch.
Advertisement