Oh the Irony - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Current Events Forum Rules Inside

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
18-19 Mileage 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000
Default Oh the Irony

So, driving to work this morning, 35 north, a bunch of road work, Friday, people heading north for the weekend, makes it a cluster F. I am stopped, in a traffic back up, and in the next lane that's moving, comes this mid 80's I am guessing, short school bus converted camper. Painted bright light blue. Sounds like it's running on 7 cylinders, burnt valve, or flat cam lobe, cracked exhaust manifold, gaurentee it, ticky exhaust leak, etc. I notice 2 ladies in it. As it goes by, it's huffing more pollution than a plastic toy factory in China, and I can smell raw fuel coming out the exhaust, and the blue smoke filling the air was nearly the same color as the bus, with the familiar smell of burning oil. Then I noticed it. The rainbow stickers, the peace stickers, the Hillary stickers and the save the environment stickers, lol. I just started laughing my ass off.

Fast forward 15 minutes, thru the mess, get off the freeway, to get gas and my coffee, and low and behold, guess who is on the other side of the pump. Imagine that. So, I get out, we are directly across from each other, look right at each other, and very pleasantly, she says hello. I say hello. I then say, going camping? Yep she said, me and my wife. I sigh, and bite my tongue. Oh that's nice I say, oh, I forget to mention the kayaks and bikes mounted to the rack on the back. She says, yeah, we are heading up by the North shore to kayak and go biking in some state park. Oh nice I say, weather is beautiful, blah blah blah. I then say neat camper, reminds me when I was a teenager, my uncle's built something similar, but out of a full size school bus, lots of good memories going up north on fishing trips in it. Then I say, you might want to check your oil. She says all concerned, why? I said, well it's burning oil almost as fast as it does gas. She said, yeah, the old girl sure uses gas, lol. Then I say, seriously, it's probably way low. And I said it's only running on 7 cylinders, sounds like you have a burnt valve, or dead cylinder, flat cam lobe, whatever. Then she said, we just take our time, it is trusty. Ok, I said, yeah, it's spewing more pollution than a plastic toy Factory in China, and chuckled. She got all serious, and said, what's that supposed to mean? All pissy. I said, nothing, it is what it is. I bit my tongue again, and, she turned away, and our conversation was over. Clueless libtard morons. Seriously. Unreal.
Bontz, Fast 440, Fun11cat and 2 others like this.
Frankie406 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
cfm
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 900 Fuse-10,200miles and going / 06 600HO M10
Riding Since: 3 BC

It's okay because it's hers. If it was yours, GOD FORBID !!!!!

Should have asked her if she new what cash for clunkers was really about. Hah.

Edit in: Oh, BTW - you Racist for pointing that out :wink: LOL.
PPP Charter Member #2

-"Your motor will tell you what it wants. Are you listening ?" - Darin Morgan
- "Look at the way they flew in the slew. Hats off to you. Woopy Doo!" - ICEMANJOE
cfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Switchback 800 (X2)
Previous Sled(s): 2008 Switchback 700
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN
18-19 Mileage 4820
17-18 Mileage: 5280
16-17 Mileage: 3660
15-16 Mileage: 2980
Riding Since: 1966

LOL - Completely clueless!

Old 09-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2004 XC500SP, 2002 Polaris Classic 600
Previous Sled(s): 1990 Indy Trail, 1976 ColtSS, 1970 Charger 398
Favorite Riding Area: Bowstring, Bigfork, Marcell
Riding Since: 1973

She's really going to be mad when it coughs one last time and leaves them stranded and then realizes you were right.
p51mstg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Rush Pro R 800 retro 2001 XCSP 700
18-19 Mileage 1400
17-18 Mileage: 1200
16-17 Mileage: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post

Edit in: Oh, BTW - you Racist for pointing that out 😉 LOL.
If it was mine, it would have the complete 6.0 ls out of the 2005 3/4 ton truck I have in it, complete with the 4l80e tranny, with the factory fuel injection, ac etc. Probably have a 68 mm turbo on it blowing 8 pounds. Actually, sounds like a good plan. Lol.
cfm likes this.
Frankie406 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
18-19 Mileage not much
15-16 Mileage: Zero
Riding Since: 70 s

I got a next door neighbor from nyc thats a tree hugging freak thats always concerned about our environment, but their nice folks. They supported hillary and were devastated she didn't win. They also love their recreation with a v8 powered guzzling boat for water skiing with the kids. They even have a fairly new huge motor home bus parked on the side of the yard.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie406 View Post
So, driving to work this morning, 35 north, a bunch of road work, Friday, people heading north for the weekend, makes it a cluster F. I am stopped, in a traffic back up, and in the next lane that's moving, comes this mid 80's I am guessing, short school bus converted camper. Painted bright light blue. Sounds like it's running on 7 cylinders, burnt valve, or flat cam lobe, cracked exhaust manifold, gaurentee it, ticky exhaust leak, etc. I notice 2 ladies in it. As it goes by, it's huffing more pollution than a plastic toy factory in China, and I can smell raw fuel coming out the exhaust, and the blue smoke filling the air was nearly the same color as the bus, with the familiar smell of burning oil. Then I noticed it. The rainbow stickers, the peace stickers, the Hillary stickers and the save the environment stickers, lol. I just started laughing my ass off.

Fast forward 15 minutes, thru the mess, get off the freeway, to get gas and my coffee, and low and behold, guess who is on the other side of the pump. Imagine that. So, I get out, we are directly across from each other, look right at each other, and very pleasantly, she says hello. I say hello. I then say, going camping? Yep she said, me and my wife. I sigh, and bite my tongue. Oh that's nice I say, oh, I forget to mention the kayaks and bikes mounted to the rack on the back. She says, yeah, we are heading up by the North shore to kayak and go biking in some state park. Oh nice I say, weather is beautiful, blah blah blah. I then say neat camper, reminds me when I was a teenager, my uncle's built something similar, but out of a full size school bus, lots of good memories going up north on fishing trips in it. Then I say, you might want to check your oil. She says all concerned, why? I said, well it's burning oil almost as fast as it does gas. She said, yeah, the old girl sure uses gas, lol. Then I say, seriously, it's probably way low. And I said it's only running on 7 cylinders, sounds like you have a burnt valve, or dead cylinder, flat cam lobe, whatever. Then she said, we just take our time, it is trusty. Ok, I said, yeah, it's spewing more pollution than a plastic toy Factory in China, and chuckled. She got all serious, and said, what's that supposed to mean? All pissy. I said, nothing, it is what it is. I bit my tongue again, and, she turned away, and our conversation was over. Clueless libtard morons. Seriously. Unreal.
then you have to wonder. do they tell all the friends they have what an asshole they met at the gas station ? or do they think about it, realize that you are right , and it is a rolling pollution machine. friends may even agree with you that it's toxic , and that doesn't represent what they stand for. so my guess is they got in the truck, thought about it , and said "what happens on the road, stays on the road". they most likely do think you have some nerve though
sleepybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 00 XCR 800, 04 XC 800
Favorite Riding Area: Katahdin region
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post

Edit in: Oh, BTW - you Racist for pointing that out :wink: LOL.
The first line is dead nuts correct!
fourh-ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Blade HPO 800 Type ST
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Skidoo, Kawaski
Favorite Riding Area: Vt, PA, NY, NH

Libs are all the same

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sledhead800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 Indy, 01 600xcsp, 00 600xcsp
Previous Sled(s): 3 arcticcraps
Favorite Riding Area: from my house
Riding Since: 85

Cute story! Should really have pics to go with it..
-dw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement