i hope this guy gets his - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Current Events Forum Rules Inside

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny
Default i hope this guy gets his

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...PtR?li=BBnbfcL
sleepybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 xc indy 840
Previous Sled(s): 2015 prox 17 prox 17 xcr 10 xp 09 nytro 06 apex 05 f7 03 f7
Favorite Riding Area: Tug hill- old forge

Shitbag. But I’m really not surprised. In my last 3 encounters with cops 2 of them both state troopers flat out lied. Funniest part was I was guilty both times but not of what they claimed . One actually changed yes answers I gave into nos on the report. And fabricated his supporting deposition. Non of which was necessary to do I was guilty anyway and admitted the guilt. The last one I was guilty of speeding this is true he didn’t like my answer when he accused me a refusing to stop. I said I was t refusing to stop I did t know you were even behind me then I said where the hell would I be going to get away on a straight highway in a pickup truck with a snowmobile in the back? He did t like that so he came back with the tickets and put the speeding one under another as he started to walk away smirking I looked at them and saw he had infalted the speeding ticket to 21 mph over the limit ironically enough that is the exact number that bumps the penalties way up. So yes I was speeding I was doing 64-66 in a 55. And he wrote me for 76. Total lie. I used to have respect for cops but over the years I’ve lost it. Fuck em. The first one the trooper wrote I was heading south and he was heading north when I crossed lanes and then had to swerve to avoid striking his patrol car. At no time was he heading north WE were both going south he was behind me the whole time. I almost shit when I read what he wrote.

Last edited by Lid2; 07-12-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Lid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Blade HPO 800 Type ST
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Skidoo, Kawaski
Favorite Riding Area: Vt, PA, NY, NH

Ouch 21 MPH over is a big fine in NY. Plus you receive a second scam fee from the state called a Drivers responsibility fee or some crap Cuomo made up. My 20 over ticket in a 55 cost me about $800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sledhead800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 AXYS Pr-S SB Ann 800, 2019 Indy 850.
Previous Sled(s): 2003 XCR 1100, 2000 XCR 800, 2005 Redline Revolt 800.
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, Gaylord
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 849 so far
17-18 Mileage: 1280
16-17 Mileage: 1115
Riding Since: 1982

No wonder folks hate most cops. This behavior from a few bad apples ruins it for the rest. The prevalence of cell phone cameras in the hands of average citizens is turning the tables on these losers. It's probably becoming hard to hire good people for the job. Time for the good ones to turn these assholes in.
patrioticinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead800 View Post
Ouch 21 MPH over is a big fine in NY. Plus you receive a second scam fee from the state called a Drivers responsibility fee or some crap Cuomo made up. My 20 over ticket in a 55 cost me about $800
OUCH! I use to do some catra hare scrambles in fishouse ny. Could remember getting nailed for speeding doing 78 in a 55 and minutes later 70 in a 55. Had to mail in the fines. After i complained about their tickets that i wasn't a resident of ny, and claimed unfamiliarity with that albany interstate section, (which i was very familiar) they reduced the fines to $50 total. This was back in the late 80's.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Blade HPO 800 Type ST
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Skidoo, Kawaski
Favorite Riding Area: Vt, PA, NY, NH

yeah I was nailed where I87 changes from a 65 mph to 55 mph zone, a total speed trap. The NY Trooper could have easily dropped it by 1 mph and saved me a lot of money but I guess the NJ plates didn't help...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sledhead800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Favorite Riding Area: salisbury, speculator, cny

so not only are they dishonest, but locally we are very over-policed. this is a rural area, and you can't go more than a few minutes without seeing one. and all varieties. state, local, sheriff, dep, dec, and undercover. at least the locals will still work with you, and even the sheriff will. those guys just look for a little respect. the state guys are machines. write you for anything they can. not all of them are bad, and actually some are really cool. nj plates in ny will most likely not get you any breaks, but my ny plates won't help in nj either. i know some people that were violated by those boys.
Al Czervik likes this.
sleepybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
yeah I was nailed where I87 changes from a 65 mph to 55 mph zone, a total speed trap. The NY Trooper could have easily dropped it by 1 mph and saved me a lot of money but I guess the NJ plates didn't help...
I got nailed twice in that I 787 short cut to I 87 north way. Talk about a speed trap after coming off rt 90.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 xc indy 840
Previous Sled(s): 2015 prox 17 prox 17 xcr 10 xp 09 nytro 06 apex 05 f7 03 f7
Favorite Riding Area: Tug hill- old forge

Quote:
Ya. And some mandatory dmv fees etc. I exercised some capitalism and “made it go away”. Sort of in the end after some lawyering I Paid a couple hundred dollar fine for a loud exhaust. I would have paid double just to not let that road pirate get the satisfaction of me being convicted of his bogus ticket.
Lid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

19-20 Mileage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lid2 View Post
Ya. And some mandatory dmv fees etc. I exercised some capitalism and “made it go away”. Sort of in the end after some lawyering I Paid a couple hundred dollar fine for a loud exhaust. I would have paid double just to not let that road pirate get the satisfaction of me being convicted of his bogus ticket.
Thats like a couple small towns in western ma. i've been through. Could remember years ago sitting in court in the end of a cow barn held by the sheriff and judge combined with a cash box sitting on the table. I got pulled over for rolling trough a stop sign when there wasn't any traffic for miles around. They wanted $30 for the fine, said all i had on me was a 20. They took it and let me go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement