order now before the tariffs kick in - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Current Events Forum Rules Inside

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Switchback Pro R 800
Previous Sled(s): 2001 800XC 1999 XLTSP

i'm not one to use the CBC news as i can't really stand them, but they have hit the nail right on the head in this article and it sums it up pretty good.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dairy-...rump-1.4081391
dskofich likes this.
Lexuslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018, 10:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

here's another one that isn't CBC.

https://www.producer.com/2018/09/u-s...ndustry-sours/

https://www.producer.com/2018/09/wis...nadian-advice/
dskofich likes this.

Last edited by Lexuslover; 09-28-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchway View Post
nice to hear from the dumbasses to our north.....the illegal aliens don't like Trump much either....how aboot a taco party, eh!

Your silly little country shoved it up the asses of the WI farmers a couple years ago....who dreamt that schit up, liberal scum?

WI Gov. Scott Walker;

"Canadian dairy products in excess of Canada's World Trade Organization (WTO) obligations.

The Canadian government is reportedly seeking to implement this program nationally - on top of the tight restrictions and steep tariff barriers already levied on imported products.

Last June, I expressed my concerns about these policies directly to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack. Canada's protectionism is already costing Wisconsin's dairy industry.

Grassland had anticipated growth in sales were it not for the looming Canadian regulations, which impact their product offerings, their ability to fill product orders, and to purchase dairy by-products from other Wisconsin plants.

As a result, while Grassland's margins and profit have been hurt this year, the impact goes beyond a single company. Looking toward next year, Grassland will be forced to limit its milk purchasing commitments from farmers and supplying cooperatives, which hurts their bottom lines as well.

There is no need for an investigation, as some have requested. We already know that the protectionist trade actions taken by the Canadian government are harming Wisconsin's dairy industry right now. We know these policies violate current trade agreements and put our U.S. producers at an unfair disadvantage. We don't need to investigate, we need to act."
The dumbasses are the ones who produce so much milk,they pour more down the drain every year,than canada produces.
The majority of US dairy farmers would like the same system implemented in the US as Canada uses.That way,they will actually make money.
decee likes this.
Catmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopooforme View Post
My machinery prices have gone up anywhere from 5 to 13%. You start talking about a 200k tractor and that is a lot of money. What pisses me off is they put the price increases in effect long before any tariffs kicked in. I just got done building a house a year and a half ago. Builder tells me now if I were to build the same house (steel roof and steel siding) that it would be 80,000 dollars more. Fucking crazy!!
Not sure this has as much to do with tariffs but most everything is going up as wages increase along with interest rates as the economy is now doing better under trump. Manufactures and retailers are naturally raising prices figuring customers can afford it. I guess you can call it inflation.
Johnny Cash likes this.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 AXYS Pr-S SB Ann 800, 2019 Indy 850.
Previous Sled(s): 2003 XCR 1100, 2000 XCR 800 turbo, 2005 Redline Revolt 800.
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, Gaylord
19-20 Mileage: 715 so far
18-19 Mileage: 849
17-18 Mileage: 1280
16-17 Mileage: 1115
Riding Since: 1982

As I've said many times, I've worked with numerous Trump types over a 50+ year history of Vehicle troubleshooting and Manufacturing experience. They are certain that only they know how to solve a problem. They belittle anyone else's knowledge and experience. They refuse to listen to more knowledgeable people.

Trump's Tariffs are the result of kneejerk reaction typical of folks who jump to conclusions based on poor understanding of how things work.

Unfortunately, many voters are the same mentality.

There's no substitute for an informed voter.

This requires a lot more information gathering than most have the patience for. This is the biggest reason you must trust more experienced people rather than second guess them.

And, most importantly, don't assume that because someone is wealthy or reaches a high position, or has a lot of education that he is more qualified than someone with a track record of good results.

So, until wiser heads enter the picture, expect more of the same.
sledlover and strokerswild like this.
patrioticinnovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Expedition Sport 900
Previous Sled(s): 1992 MXXTCR, 74 TNT 300
19-20 Mileage: 4100
18-19 Mileage: 2700

Has Trump not been virtually broke before?

Working folks are the ones going to suffer.
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Maybe ask the Lobster fisherman in Maine how they like Trump....They usually ship their Lobster to China..Lots of it...now,fk all....And the best part,Nova Scotia lobster exports have increased by 7 times since Trumps tarrifs...

Just saying
Old 09-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 XR-S Renegade
Previous Sled(s): 2003 F7 SP , 2008 F8 SP, 2013 XF800 SP
Favorite Riding Area: Hayward and the U.P
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 850
17-18 Mileage: 900
16-17 Mileage: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmanjim View Post
The dumbasses are the ones who produce so much milk,they pour more down the drain every year,than canada produces.
The majority of US dairy farmers would like the same system implemented in the US as Canada uses.That way,they will actually make money.
It called inflation and the fed raising interest rates

Trump doesn’t have much to do with the price increases, US has a deal with Mexico and the EU thats all good, China has already manipulated their dollar that the tariffs have had little effect on prices. The Dumbasses politicians to the north better see the light if the Canadian Dollar goes down anymore vs the US dollar and the unemployment rate keep going up .Canada will be in a world of hurt. Next year at this time Canada will be lucky if their dollar will be worth $0.65 vs US and unemployment at 8% that will not be good. But will happen if the stubbornness continues. Canada will get hurt the most by the Tariffs . Canada is already moving corporations to the US at an all time rate and the light is still not on yet. 50% of Canada’s GNP Depends on trade with the US ! Not good if prices go up . Screwed the US to long , time to bring it to the table and play on equal terms.

PS: if I’m right Have fun paying $25,000 for a sled to next year.
Switchway likes this.

Last edited by Muskegocat; 09-29-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Muskegocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskegocat View Post
It called inflation and the fed raising interest rates

Trump doesnít have much to do with the price increases, US has a deal with Mexico and the EU thats all good, China has already manipulated their dollar that the tariffs have had little effect on prices. The Dumbasses politicians to the north better see the light if the Canadian Dollar goes down anymore vs the US dollar and the unemployment rate keep going up .Canada will be in a world of hurt. Next year at this time Canada will be lucky if their dollar will be worth $0.65 vs US and unemployment at 8% that will not be good. But will happen if the stubbornness continues. Canada will get hurt the most by the Tariffs . Screwed the US to long , time to bring it to the table and play on equal terms.

PS: if Iím right Have fun paying $25,000 for a sled to next year.
maybe ask the companys selling those sleds how they will survive,losing all those sales.JOBS in US and Canada
Old 09-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

please let the dollar go down to .65. i can export WITHOUT tariff our product. I already have a market in the US, so this will make it even that much better.

Trump will lose all the swing states if he implements a auto tariff. So, good luck with a Dem house in november
Sponsored Links
Advertisement